April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

(SOLVED - when in doubt, clear the cache) Google Chrome Problems

22 Jul 2014 21:40 #3869 by evilrobot
I don't know if anyone else is having problems the site and browsers but Google Chrome seems to really hate it. It won't log me in at all. It lets me put my info in and when I push enter it just takes me back to the same screen with empty boxes for user name and password. I have to use a different browser to view the site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jul 2014 22:07 #3871 by Digital Dave
I don't use Chrome personally (never liked the feel of it for some reason) but I did have something similar to this happen in the last few days. (twice I believe?) Signed in like you mentioned above, and it seemed to just refresh the page when I clicked login. But it now showed me as being logged in on the bottom right along with others that were logged in. But apparently when I clicked into the forum section, I wasn't logged in. But showed me on the bottom as if I were? I simply logged in again and it seemed to be ok. ... Figured if it kept doing it, I would say something, but it's only happened those couple times so far.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

23 Jul 2014 08:05 #3896 by Banj
I am currently logged in and typing this post in Google Chrome, and having no problems. My regular browser is also a Chrome based app and has no problems with the site (and was the browser I used most while developing the site). So there shouldn't be any problems specifically with using Chrome here. And the sites stats tell me that quite a few people are using the site in Chrome.

Do you have any additional extensions or plugins installed in Chrome?

23 Jul 2014 09:06 #3903 by Charlotte
I had that issue once, Evil. I just did like Dave and logged in again and I've been logged in ever since. It does seem to help clearing your cache if the site persists in error messages or something, though...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

23 Jul 2014 11:11 #3918 by Digital Dave
Also forgot to mention that I too cleared my cache, like Charlotte mentioned. After reading that it may help with issues.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

23 Jul 2014 16:05 #3943 by evilrobot
Alright I cleared my cache as suggested. It didn't let me log back in the first time but the second time it let me in. Seems to be working now. Thanks