April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Evil's Sketches and WIP's

12 Oct 2015 03:11 #12582 by Digital Dave
Your Dracula piece came out nice. I often use an overlay layer when adding highlights, but haven't tried a screen layer yet. Might have to give that a go to see how it works out. ... Only other layer type I've also used it a Multiply layer, usually for shadows or deepening some areas.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2015 11:34 #12584 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Evil's Sketches and WIP's
That vampire picture is fanstastic, definitely the best one of your recent works, and that's an interesting technique you describe.
I always struggle to control Overlay layers, they seem to go too saturated for me so I prefer to use Soft Light. Multiply is also good for doing watercolour-style washes. Screen, and Linear Dodge, are both really good for doing bright lighting effects like flares and stars, which I seem to be doing lots of recently with the zodiac challenges.

14 Oct 2015 04:49 #12598 by evilrobot
Replied by evilrobot on topic Evil's Sketches and WIP's
Thanks guys. Here's my warm up sketch from today. Found this little girls picture online and wanted to draw her as a cartoon.

14 Oct 2015 22:17 #12608 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Evil's Sketches and WIP's
Aww, that's awesome, really liking the skull knee pads, only issues I see at the moment are the two shadows that look a little dark; the one under the chin and the one on (our) right by the shoulder, but thats nit picking, some lovely work Evil and I hope you realise just how far you've come recently, watching your work with interest and a lil' bit of envy.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

07 Dec 2015 08:00 #12947 by evilrobot
Been taking some anatomy and life drawing classes....not a lot to show still trying to wrap my brain around how the body works...did this today because I needed to draw something just for fun.

09 Dec 2015 00:11 #12958 by Valence
I like the subtle bit of rusty colour in this. It's barely noticable from the black-grey-white tones but it makes a real difference that adds to the whole texture of the image.

09 Dec 2015 06:31 #12959 by evilrobot
Thanks man. Yeah, I always liked the way the old Disney sketches looked with the rough drawings showing through sort of what I was going for. Here's a doodle page from tonight

11 Dec 2015 06:32 #12975 by evilrobot
Warm up doodle from tonight

11 Dec 2015 22:30 #12979 by Valence
Pickled lungs! :lol:

14 Dec 2015 06:22 #12998 by evilrobot
Wanted to work on the drawing a bit more because I didn't like where the painting was going. I really need more practice drawing hands and women.