April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

General Scribbles

17 Feb 2019 04:09 #23823 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic General Scribbles
I watched "The Magnificent Seven". Not sure they were all that magnificent, and I didn't quite follow why all those seven joined "the cause" of the movie, either. But then I was crocheting at the same time, so I guess I wasn't paying toomuch attention.

Tonight it's Superman vs Batman (or vice versa) and I can't recall if I saw it or not. I might have seen the ending... Or maybe I've seen a "sequel" where it's referred to...

oh wait, this is the scribble thread. I'll shut up about movies. Nice colours. =D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Feb 2019 12:51 #23824 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic General Scribbles
It's my fault for mentioning TV in the scribble thread. :) (I ended up watching Game of Thrones DVDs.)
And that's a very late message, Charlotte. Or a very early one. :P It makes me feel tired just looking at it. *yawn*

I rewatched the Batman/Superman one the other day. It's a film that does get better with repeat viewings, especially if you've seen Man Of Steel. The first half is surprisingly good but it does become silly and boring when all the big fights start happening. But it's way better than Suicide Squad.

17 Feb 2019 17:35 #23825 by Charlotte
I couldn't sleep... But I went back to bed at 6 am :P
I remember that decsription of that movie, which probably means I did see it before :P

18 Feb 2019 19:05 #23830 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic General Scribbles
Talking of the silver screen, well kind of. Here’s my attempt at the late great Alan Rickman.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

18 Feb 2019 19:39 #23831 by Charlotte
definitely recogniseable. :cry:

and I had seen the batman/superman movie only not from the very beginning... I'm still not sure what I think what with dreams or nightmares or "messages"? that seem mostly unrelated to everything else...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

18 Feb 2019 20:56 #23834 by Valence
I like Alan Rickman. And I like this. :thumbup:
Not only is it a likeness, it's a double likeness! And it all works very well. :)

And I think that "weird" bit in BvS is a flashforward to the next movie. But I had to look it up cos it made no sense to me either. :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

20 Feb 2019 01:17 - 22 Feb 2019 20:12 #23844 by Valence
This one didn't go quite as I wanted. Some of the proportions are a bit off (a bit?!? :XD:) but I didn't really have the patience or time today to work through all the problems. :(

:shrug:

EDIT: And I was in such a bad mood the other night that I forgot the video link.
Or maybe I didn't forget and I just didn't like it! :evil:
Attachments:

21 Feb 2019 01:57 #23865 by Atto
Well personally I don’t see much wrong with that at all Val. The colour and form of the hair is fantastic.

Finally got round to ‘finishing’ this. I struggle with landscapes so much. Probably because I don’t approach them in the same way I do other drawings. No matter how hard I try I just can’t seem to grasp the fact that they are just like anything else I do, a series of shapes and colours. Weird huh?

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

22 Feb 2019 20:10 #23882 by Valence
I don't really do landscapes either. I do have some filed away somewhere, I think I did them more back in the day when I was trying to learn watercolour. I guess the larger blocks of colour and space were easier to simplify which allowed me to concentrate more on the technical side of actually learning how to paint. And once I got past that then faces always seemed to interest me more. (And we'll just continue to ignore hands.)

Anyway, did I mention faces?

Not Digital....

Digital...

Moving Digital.
Attachments:

24 Feb 2019 02:02 #23887 by Atto
Good stuff Val, what’s the not digital one done with?

Started this today. It’s still pretty basic but I’m thinking of doing a number of them based around mythological creatures.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence