April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

General Scribbles

07 Nov 2017 21:34 #19109 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic General Scribbles
More random-shaped weirdness.

I don't even know what this is supposed to be, but that's what scribbles are all about. :P
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Nov 2017 17:55 #19140 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic General Scribbles

It's a scribble! Or doodle... It's the Doodle Dance... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

10 Nov 2017 22:03 #19155 by Valence
:lol:
That looks great, Charlotte! So cute. :)
You should scale up your pixel art to show it off a bit more. About two or three times should do it, but if you do make sure you have resampling set to nearest neighbour to keep it nice and crisp.

Some more face related doodads from me along with some pencil stuff, this time using reference rather than just making up random things...

Attachments:

11 Nov 2017 11:22 #19164 by Charlotte
lol but so far my pixelart has been meant to be small! I think I might try something at 100*100 pixels eventually since that's the size of Aywas forum avatars.

And how do you even begin on those multicolor pictures? I just wouldn't know if I wasn't trying to make it look like something.

11 Nov 2017 20:47 #19171 by Valence
Oh, I didn't mean to add more pixel details, I just meant for presentation to make them bigger on screen. Those 320px ones I was doing recently were posted at 3x the resolution at about 960 to try and show off the chunky pixels. (Unfortunately that fell a bit flat with them being so blurry. :lol:)

And how do you even begin on those multicolor pictures? I just wouldn't know if I wasn't trying to make it look like something.

Just random shapes -> bit of face -> more random shapes -> bit of face... repeat until bored. :)

12 Nov 2017 00:33 #19174 by Valence

...repeat until bored...

Attachments:

12 Nov 2017 11:46 #19176 by Charlotte
I understood what you meant, but I meant mine have been made to be small, so far. And I am considering making bigger ones. But not chunkier/blurrier ones ;)

and you did at least have a ref for that last face in between the random bits, I hope?

12 Nov 2017 17:25 #19177 by Valence

and you did at least have a ref for that last face in between the random bits, I hope?

Yes, I did in the end but it didn't start like that. After the first random shapes I thought that the orange/yellow swirl looked a bit like the edge of a forehead at an angle and it reminded me of a painting I was gonna do a while back but never got round to. So I had a quick search through the reference photos I'd previously picked for that and worked the rest of the scribble from one of those.
It still doesn't look much like that ref but it doesn't matter so much with scribbles. :)

12 Nov 2017 23:11 #19180 by Valence
No refs for this one. And it shows! :unsure:

And I tried to make a gif. This took almost as long as the scribbling. :) Assuming it works...
Attachments:

14 Nov 2017 14:42 #19196 by Valence
Some more orthodox scribbling this time using the ArtRage pencil with a few quick, made-up faces from exaggerated gestures and shapes...

*checks all recent posts in thread*
Other people are allowed to scribble as well, you know. :)
Just saying. :whistle:
Attachments: