April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

General Scribbles

15 Sep 2020 21:09 #31065 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic General Scribbles
Rooaaar! I can't remember hearing Neptune/Poseidon roaring like that, before, though? :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Sep 2020 21:29 #31066 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic General Scribbles
:lol:
He only roars above the water. Otherwise he's just blowing bubbles again. :)

15 Sep 2020 21:45 #31067 by Charlotte
ah I see :aha:

17 Sep 2020 17:26 #31092 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic General Scribbles
If you’ve done it before Val I don’t remember it, besides if this is the result you get painting things multiple times I’m gonna have to try it.

I took my time on this one as I’m hoping to steal a little space on my wife’s stand at one of her Christmas shows (if it goes ahead) for some prints and some commissions.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

17 Sep 2020 17:43 #31093 by Charlotte
I think this one is absolutely lovely and among the best I can recall seeing by you, Atto!
I *might* add a bit more colour to the background if I were you (towards blue-green maybe?) or make it a smidgen paler at the top, with a gradient towards the darker base (it makes me think a bit of old faded photographs).

The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

17 Sep 2020 20:05 #31094 by Valence
That looks really good, especially the hands, as usual. :P
Also the flowers a very convincing too. Those petals look lovely and touchably soft.

The only thing I'd consider adding is a touch of specular highlights in the brighter areas of the face to suggest a bit of sparkle and texture to the skin. Nothing too much, just literally a couple of tiny dots of white on the tip and edge of the nose etc.

It's definitely one of the most polished pictures you've done and the edges are very well controlled, the way that arm on the right almost disappears into the background is beautifully subtle. If you do tweak the background colours then try to keep that effect. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

19 Sep 2020 11:57 #31106 by Valence
After playing Ark late last night I foolishly tried to paint an even later picture before bed. *yawn*
And it's another of those weird egg babies. (I really DO paint the same pictures over and over again.)

Yes, yes, I know the bottom hand has absolutely no definition or detail to it but I was so late and tired that I just HAD to stop somewhere and I find that a hand is always the best place to stop. :P
Attachments:

19 Sep 2020 12:15 #31107 by Charlotte
well maybe the other hand makes up for t :) It looks very convincing to me!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

30 Sep 2020 16:25 #31265 by Valence
Well if it isn't the good old orangey-blue colour-me-do. Again. :dry:

Attachments:

01 Oct 2020 22:42 #31299 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic General Scribbles
Nice! Though a little sad and if the orangey-blue-colour-me-do works why try to fix it.

That's my motto anyhow.

So yeah I've just had 14 portrait commissions drop on me that I need to get done by the 24th. Yup thats like one every 1 1/2 days not including printing and posting to the client.

Its been on the cards for a few months and I warned them I'd need about 4 weeks to do the first 9 they were after but hey-ho. They're for the same lady that has ordered the two dogs that I posted recently so I can't really let her down as she's spending a large amount of money with me and apparently some more of her family want some too.

9 of these are going to be printed as a single piece for my clients mothers 80th birthday at 16" x 12"

I'd love your guys feedback on any of the next few I'm gonna post - she's asked me to keep these hush-hush as they're all for presents so I cant post on Insta or FB (and I don't trust the C&C I get on there anyhow).

Here's the almost complete 1st one and the start of the second I managed to get done on today (yeah I threw a sickie from work to get started)

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments: