November challenge "Victorian Heroes" - OPEN FOR ENTRY

Deadline for entry:

MR. S sketches

29 Aug 2017 13:29 #17852 by Mr. Sabrosito
keep it kinky

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2017 13:51 #17854 by Charlotte
Nice one! Makes me think of Macy Gray with that hair :) (the background "inks" make me think more retro, like the supremes though)
I like the yellow/purple combo, it's not easy to pull off nicely.

29 Aug 2017 16:42 - 29 Aug 2017 16:42 #17857 by Mr. Sabrosito

Charlotte wrote: Nice one! Makes me think of Macy Gray with that hair :) (the background "inks" make me think more retro, like the supremes though)
I like the yellow/purple combo, it's not easy to pull off nicely.

thanks i also liked this one, i think i will print it.

31 Aug 2017 20:45 #17900 by Valence
I love the style of this.
It looks like a piece of graffiti, and I mean good, arty graffiti not just someone scrawling their name on a wall. :lol:
The hair looks wild and alive! :)

18 Sep 2017 15:47 #18214 by Mr. Sabrosito
some painting of a shrunken head and an elongated skull i did the other day.

Attachments:

18 Sep 2017 15:49 #18215 by Mr. Sabrosito

Valence wrote: I love the style of this.
It looks like a piece of graffiti, and I mean good, arty graffiti not just someone scrawling their name on a wall. :lol:
The hair looks wild and alive! :)

thanks im glad you like it too.

19 Sep 2017 23:22 - 19 Sep 2017 23:23 #18229 by Mr. Sabrosito
the hunt, portrait .

here is this one i did a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments:

20 Sep 2017 08:33 #18232 by Charlotte
All the parts are well done (I think the bird's head might be a tad large compared to it's body), but seeing as the guy is presumably going to kill all the animals it feels a bit odd to pose them like this (to me). I think maybe I'd have blended the animals into to background a bit more, both to make them less "cut out like" and to separate them a bit from the hunter... That's just my opinion, though :)

25 Sep 2017 19:23 - 25 Sep 2017 19:25 #18268 by Mr. Sabrosito

Charlotte wrote: All the parts are well done (I think the bird's head might be a tad large compared to it's body), but seeing as the guy is presumably going to kill all the animals it feels a bit odd to pose them like this (to me). I think maybe I'd have blended the animals into to background a bit more, both to make them less "cut out like" and to separate them a bit from the hunter... That's just my opinion, though :)

To tell you the truth it was supposed to have like a movie poster set up, with the character in the middle and the animals behind and the fade and all but at the end i was tired and needed to finish other stuff.

you know, those things you have pointed out in my other i have revised, but i think i will skip messing with this one anymore XD

25 Sep 2017 19:59 #18271 by Charlotte
It definately has a movie poster feel :) And I guess even movie posters mix the different characters (though usually good/bad rather than hunter and prey)

And sometimes one definetely needs to move on and just remember what to do differently next time :)