April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Caricatootles

05 Mar 2018 19:13 #20438 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic CGAN Caricatootles
Yes! Laverne and Shirley!
and it seems there were quite a few spinoffs from Happy Days. Or at least 2. :silly:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Mar 2018 21:07 - 06 Mar 2018 00:02 #20439 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic CGAN Caricatootles

:eek: Mork and Mindy aired in the late 70's, (78 I believe?) and ran for just 3/4 years. ... Just how young are you, Seńor Valence? :D

I was certainly around then but I was very young. Perhaps it was on after my bedtime.
I do have good memories of the Hulk show with Lou Ferrigno/Bill Bixby (I've said in other threads that the first drawings I ever remember doing were of the Hulk after watching that show) and I also have ropier memories of a live action Spiderman show that I recognised as being very cheap-looking even though I was just an uncritical infant at the time. :lol:
More embarrassing though was my childhood fascination with The Dukes Of Hazzard! :blush: But it had nothing to do with Daisy Duke's shorts or any fantasy about being a hillbilly redneck making moonshine :lol: I just liked all the car chases and stunts. I liked anything with cars and trucks back then. I used to watch The Fall Guy just because of his pickup truck and I was strangely obsessed with that movie Convoy with all those big 18-wheelers.

What a strange child I was!

My knowledge of even older TV shows actually comes from the 90s when TV channels that couldn't afford the rights to Star Trek started repeating any 60s scifi that they could get their hands on and we all used to ironically watch Lost In Space, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, Land of The Giants, Time Tunnel, and my favourite of those, The Invaders!

06 Mar 2018 12:56 #20442 by Charlotte
watch him skillfully not actually answer the question :P

06 Mar 2018 13:20 #20443 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic CGAN Caricatootles
Haha... No worries, Valence. :) I think of lot of young folks, mostly the guys, loved watching 'The Dukes of Hazzard' show. And yeah, it wasn't for the great writing, :dry: but it was fun and entertaining. You didn't have other shows that had cars racing around and doing jumps, but yes, Mrs. Daisy Duke did draw some in as well. You didn't see a lot of short-shorts on other shows, so yeah, she helped. :) ... I think a lot shows started trying to incorporate racy cars back then, such as 'Knight Rider', Magnum PI', 'Starsky and Hutch', etc. I remember back then occasionally seeing some driving around the area and people definitely recognized them from their shows.

And yep, I always enjoyed the movie 'Convoy' as well. :) Not sure what the main appeal was for me, but I always enjoyed it. And sadly, I do remember watching all those 'Smokey and the Bandit movies as well. Was never a really big Burt Reynolds fan, nor that crazy about the car, (though it was nice) but again, it was entertaining. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

06 Mar 2018 14:57 #20446 by Charlotte
oooh Magnum! How could I forget! Even mom enjoyed watching him :P
and I remember Knight Rider too, though I think I never caught on to what time it aired so I only saw a few random episodes.

Speaking opf old series, what's with the "new McGyver"? Is it a McGyver makeover or is the Swedish TV guide completely confusing two series? McGyver was always working more or less alone and now there's a show on, listed as McGyver but it's a whole team, and I haven't seen any of the "solves the whole mystery with the aid of a toothpick and a shoehorn", even though the episode description (according to TV guide) is that that's what it's about. I'm totally confused. :?

06 Mar 2018 15:23 #20448 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic CGAN Caricatootles

and my favourite of those, The Invaders!

A Quinn Martin Production. :aha:

06 Mar 2018 15:29 #20450 by Valence
Architect David Vincent ... has seen them!

watch him skillfully not actually answer the question :P

I'm like a politician. You ask a question and I'll answer another one. :P

But there is a "new" MacGyver reboot. I haven't seen it.

06 Mar 2018 16:05 #20454 by Charlotte
You're right! I finally looked it up. And as I suspected the little blond kid is MacGyver. Poor thing was born in 1990. He's hardly out of his diapers :P
(I've seen bits and pieces of a couple of episodes and it kind of seems that George Eads plays the main role - his character does take up quite a bit of room, but he seemed utterly unMacgyverish.)

06 Mar 2018 16:17 #20455 by Valence

Poor thing was born in 1990. He's hardly out of his diapers :P

I bet he doesn't remember Mork! :)

I'd love to end this nostalgia fest and get back to the next caricature on the list but Heath Ledger is tough! He's just so bland and generic. When I close my eyes and try to picture his face I just can't imagine anything about him or his features. :unsure:

06 Mar 2018 16:22 #20456 by Charlotte
hmm not sure I agree with bland and generic... though I can't say I can describe him either...