March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGAN Caricatootles

17 Jan 2017 12:35 #15128 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic CGAN Caricatootles
I felt one saw her too briefly in Rogue One to get a good look, but I remember thinking they might as well just have used a lookalike instead of CGI because she wasn't convincing enough anyway...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jan 2017 21:24 - 17 Jan 2017 21:26 #15129 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic CGAN Caricatootles
More chubby cheeks from me...

I thought the roundness of her face was really difficult to get right and as a result there isn't as much exaggeration as I'd like. And the nose is throwing me off a bit but...

Love the expression in yours, Banj, you've really caught the look in her eyes.

As for CGI Leia (still haven't seen the film so No Spoilers!) it does look "odd" as if the geometry is off, unlike Tarkin which was scanned from an old life cast. (Yes, I watched that YouTube video too :lol:)
It makes me wonder if the features were composited on the real actress's face rather than a full CG head.
I'm sure we'll learn more about it on the Special Edition BluRay. :)
Attachments:

26 Jan 2017 14:15 #15162 by Valence
Anyone tried Littlefinger yet? Surprisingly difficult, for me at least.
It's great fun doing those contorted expressions of his mouth with his rodent-like teeth but his eyes are so plain I didn't know what to do with them!

So after several failures I ended up with this thing..

Attachments:

26 Jan 2017 16:15 #15164 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic CGAN Caricatootles
I still haven't found time to work more on Leia, yet. But I'm kind of looking forward to Littlefinger, I think he'll be difficult. I guess I'd give him really small eyes, maybe? Not that they are uncommonly small, but I find I think of them as such :P

And yes, one can tell you enjoyed the teeth :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

26 Jan 2017 16:33 - 26 Jan 2017 16:34 #15165 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic CGAN Caricatootles
Love your Leia Val - I think the exaggeration is just about right and you have that droopy eyelid thing nailed.
Littlefinger is great too, I can almost hear the distortion in his voice that those mouth contortions produce, you've managed to encapsulate the aural quality in a very physical way.

As a general note you guys make me exceedingly jealous with what you're doing here, I've never been able to look at a face and exaggerate it in the right way to maintain a likeness.

Em... your recent Bruce Willis looks more like Bruce Willis than Bruce Willis does!.
I'm going to crawl back in my hole now to practice caricatootles, if you get too close I can only apologise for the hissing, spitting and jealous mumbles you may hear.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

27 Jan 2017 01:13 #15169 by Valence
Yeah, Littlefinger's voice is great! Sometimes Irish, sometimes Welsh, occasionally Norfolk. :lol:
Game Of Thrones is one of those rare shows where British-speaking actors fail to do British accents. Jon Snow would never fool a REAL Northerner! :)

27 Jan 2017 03:24 #15171 by Kodabble
Replied by Kodabble on topic CGAN Caricatootles
I don't know why, but I don't seem to be able to make very good caricatures of people. I have been working on trying to get more realistic looking with some results although the caricatootles of Leia in this forum all look more like her then my January Challenge piece does. Oh she looks human, at least I think so :whistle: , but I feel I'm missing the something that says Carrie Fisher.
Anyway did a practice sketch of Agent May so there would be another character from the list, though I went more for a more accurate rendering. Not sure how you would make it a cartoon. Looking to see someone di it.
So here is Agent May from Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Attachments:

27 Jan 2017 12:47 #15174 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic CGAN Caricatootles
His slimey smugness, Petyr Baelish

Attachments:

27 Jan 2017 14:34 #15175 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic CGAN Caricatootles
And a girl. A girl is no-one. :blink:

Attachments:

28 Jan 2017 19:57 #15180 by Valence
Very quick Gandalf in need of a trim.

"You shall not shave!!"

Excellent stuff Banj. It's hard to keep any structure to Arya's forehead with such big eyes but those two little marks of highlight and shadow really do the trick.

And that's a great Agent May, Kodabble. Recognised it instantly. Never done her so I'll gladly learn from this pic.
Attachments: