April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Attos' Sketchbook and Studies NSFW Nudity

28 Feb 2019 02:10 #23936 by Atto
All done here. The island here is actually based on a tiny island near Guernsey there’s about another 4 or 5 structures in real life all snuggled among the rocks sheltering from the elements. I’m using google earth at the moment to try and find some interesting landscapes to base more of these aerial photography pieces on. I want to include more of these huge, mythical beasts.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Feb 2019 07:58 #23938 by Charlotte
Google Earth! *now why did I never think of that?*
Clever! :D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

28 Feb 2019 09:59 #23940 by Atto
I know, right? Can’t believe I never did till now!

28 Feb 2019 12:41 #23942 by Valence
I once used Streetview to get reference images of a particular building. :)
But it didn't look as good as that pic! I love the subtlety of the water being displaced. Very convincing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

28 Feb 2019 13:05 #23944 by Charlotte
Now that you mention it, I used some sort of street view for an aywas background (with Globen, Stockholm, in the background) but I don't think it was google earth, probably a similar function on hitta.se (Swedish map service thingy).

28 Feb 2019 23:36 #23960 by Atto
Thanks both - I struggled with that water displacement for far too long. So much so in fact I nearly abandoned it but I'm glad I pushed through - and, while I dont think its hugely successful I learned a few new techniques that I can take into other pieces so s'all good.

18 Nov 2019 20:27 #26796 by Atto
So. I'm back - for how long who knows but I'm gonna try and be around for a while and post as often as I can going toward Christmas. The new job and my wifes business id keeping us going flat out but we'll see.

I've been trying to produce some quicker work (1 drawing a month just isn't cutting it imho) so Ive changed up my process and I gotta admit right now I'm enjoying it.

So heres the last few daily sketches - I'll no longer be hijacking the general scribbles thread btw Val - I'm sure you'll say its fine but I want to keep these all here in my own thread.

Attachments:

18 Nov 2019 20:34 #26797 by Valence
The scribbles thread isn't *my* thread. Everyone can post there and it deserves to see a well drawn hand once in a while cos it certainly doesn't get it from me! :lol:

And that hand pic has some wonderful angles in it, you can really see the tension of the pose.

18 Nov 2019 21:44 #26799 by Charlotte
*can see why it seems to be Val's thread, though* :D

23 Nov 2019 13:20 #26836 by cgmythology
Nice updates here, really dig the portrait paintings. Some very good flesh tones there, looks very natural. Great variety as well, keep it going :D