April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Attos' Sketchbook and Studies NSFW Nudity

04 Mar 2018 18:37 #20420 by Atto
A little more on this.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Mar 2018 23:33 #20421 by Valence
Always good with the hands, Atto.
Annoyingly good with the hands.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

07 Mar 2018 14:08 #20461 by Atto
LOL Thanks Val!

15 Mar 2018 01:12 #20531 by Atto
A quick sketch as portrait practice that got a little twisted. Still working on it an hour later because theres something I like about it but I don't know what.

Attachments:

15 Mar 2018 20:03 #20539 by Valence
Yes, there's something I like about it too. :)

It looks very sculptural and substantial with a sense of mass to that turning head. It feels like he's really engaging with, or challenging, the viewer as he looks over to check you out.
I think the neck looks fractionally too thick, I'd trim a bit off that front edge, that might add to the twisting motion of the pose too.

20 Mar 2018 23:24 #20574 by Atto
Another sketch for portrait practice

Attachments:

21 Mar 2018 17:25 #20577 by Valence
Wow, that's a brave background colour to start off with! :)

And you're doing a pretty good job of controlling the skin tones over the top too. I find that placing features correctly is really tricky with those low angle views but it all looks perfect so far.
Keep going with it.

23 Mar 2018 15:20 #20595 by Atto
Sorry Val but thats as far as I'm going with it....for now.

I've started reworking an old drawing. You may remember this as my not-quite-an-entry for the Jedi challenge.
So, heres a shocker for you....I'm a bit of a geek! I know who'da thought?
I spend a ridiculous amount of time playing DDO or Dungeons & Dragons: Online. Its a very old game with some terrible graphics and animation but the character building and development is first rate and its such a massive game that I keep going back for more when I should really be doing more productive things.
Well here's a sketch for my main character, Ondohri Alfar.
She's currently on her 7th life, and is a multiclass Favoured Soul/Monk/Rogue dedicated to the deity Aureon.
As I'm sure you know theres loads of backstory to the D&D world so plenty of opportunities to develop the symbolism, heraldry and iconography in this one.
I really struggled getting her armour similar to my in-game character yet trying to retain a little realism.

Attachments:

23 Mar 2018 15:52 #20597 by Charlotte
there's a D&D online? :blink: I've always thought that was just "real world" gaming. Hmm... *probably shouldn't look that up* Personally I've played a lot of guild wars 2 but not in quite a while now. I've tried portraying my own characters from there, but I dunno why I can never get them right...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

23 Mar 2018 18:26 - 23 Mar 2018 18:28 #20601 by Atto
Do it Charlotte, sign up, download and lose entire weeks like I do! Can't you heal it calling to you? 12 playable races, 16 classes, 46 unique enhancement trees, weapon and gear crafting, adventure, intrigue, wilderness areas with thousands of objectives. Four difficulty ratings per quest, parties of 6 characters, Raids with up to 11 other friends, guilds, lore, legends and even the odd dragon or too. You can even play for free! Yes! FREE! (though you'll probably never get past level 12 more than once if you do) Do it, Do It! DO IT!

Oh and I never meant this to look like wonder Woman but there you go.

Attachments: