March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Attos' Sketchbook and Studies NSFW Nudity

09 Feb 2018 08:33 #20205 by Charlotte
awww puppy!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Feb 2018 18:41 #20233 by Valence
That looks great. Certainly way better than my recent attempts at doing dogs. :lol:
The complex forms of the face are very convincing and the choice of background colour is really effective and harmonious.

11 Feb 2018 20:38 #20235 by Thomgirl
Really cool work in here, Atto! The forest boat was a really neat idea and the lighting had a really forest-like mood about it. Nice work. The puppy is shaping up really well, but I want to encourage you to push ahead on the challenge too! I'm really liking some of the details shaping up in that piece as well and I'd love to see you carry it on.

I can totally understand though that sometimes you need to just work on something else for a bit to get juices flowing on a current project.

17 Feb 2018 21:03 #20287 by Atto
Thanks Thomgirl, I have finished that today after correcting the HUUUUUuuuuuuge mistake i made with the leg - luckily it was a quick fix.
I've done some more on my puppy. Of course now my wife wants one of our dog too so it's going to be a while before I can start anything for myself again and I have just hit upon what I hope is a good idea for a series of pieces that tie in with my love of film. Still, need to get this finished 1st.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

20 Feb 2018 18:57 #20304 by Atto
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"
WIP

Attachments:

20 Feb 2018 19:32 #20305 by Charlotte
I like that style! Though the more detailed jacket looks a bit photo copy pasted compared to the stylazation of the rest of the elements in the picture. Not sure if I like that or not :P I get the idea of mixing it up, but it'd be a shame if the jacket ended up looking like a cheat...
'course you're not even done yet, so I dunno where you're taking it. I rather like it the way it is now!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

20 Feb 2018 22:11 #20306 by Atto
I never saw it like that Charlotte but I see what you mean. I've just detailed the jacket up even more with stitching etc so it looks even more photo realistic now.
I do really like the mix but I think you have a point - I may do another one (a different movie) just in the one style.
My main concern right now is do I add a background/texture and how will that interact where the light part of his face is?
The original idea was to drop in a bar of bright pink soap somewhere with the Fight Club logo on it but I'm not too sure about that either now.
Maybe Edward Nortons face in a similar stylised way......hmmmmm decisions, decisions.

20 Feb 2018 22:37 - 20 Feb 2018 22:39 #20307 by Valence
I like too! :) It's stylish and immediately recognisable.
The jacket works fine for me, the only thing that stood out to my eye is the lighter side of the hair. Studying it more closely reveals that you have got some highlights in there but they're difficult to see against that grey and it makes his hair look a bit too short while also making the glasses seem too big seeing as they extend beyond the face while the hair doesn't at first glance.
Of course all this will be irrelevant if/when you change the background. :) But if you keep the same value for the BG then I would push the highlights on the hair.

01 Mar 2018 00:22 #20363 by Atto
Nearly finished with Darcy but I'm on to a new one already.
This might be for a competition thats running on FB right now and closes 8th March but it has to be 300dpi at 33 x 27 inches so we'll see how I go.

Brief is for a poster that ties in with the companies motivational videos, Im hoping to introduce text as I go which will either define the changes in tone/colour etc like those pictures you see made up of lots of tiny photos or sit on top of the image with the spaces between the words in a slightly lighter hue/lower saturation. All depends on time really.
Entitled:
"How will you face the new day?" (hope that will become clearer to you as I post my progress).

Attachments:

01 Mar 2018 00:27 #20364 by Atto
Oh yeah this became just a banner for my FB page too.

Attachments: