April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Attos' Sketchbook and Studies NSFW Nudity

23 Apr 2016 15:58 #13706 by Atto
A little more.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Apr 2016 21:50 #13709 by Atto
Again calling this one done - may add some more to it later but for now I quite like the roughness of her shoulder and I am still under the belief it is better to learn some and move on than spend time trying to achieve a polished result.

Attachments:

26 Apr 2016 00:04 #13710 by Valence
Looks pretty good. The shoulder works really well now, the sharp highlight does a great job of defining the form of the muscle and implying the bony structure beneath.
I think you could just select and move the underside of the arm up a bit. I know the arm does flatten and spread out in that type of pose (and it may indeed look like that in any reference) but a bit of artistic license to shorten the gap between the armpit and the top of the shoulder might add a bit of final improvement without too much extra work. ;)

But nice colour choice on the skin and good hand work as always. Well done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

07 May 2016 22:40 #13742 by Atto
Thanks Val - I see what you mean regarding the under arm area - even though its true to the ref it still doesn't look right here. God I love hands now!! Love em! love em!

Errr yeah...moving right along......another photo study I'm working on.

Attachments:

14 May 2016 03:05 #13762 by crankshaft
Great work. Don't forget to put a cast shadow or some occlusion shadows to make the mask feel like it's on top of the hand.

06 Mar 2017 00:29 #15425 by Yian
I bit of red could enhance your flesh tone greatly. Right now your skin feels a bit pasty and chalky because they have only one color.

22 Mar 2017 01:47 #15595 by Atto
Thanks Yian! I've tried to push the red a little on this - my first piece of traditional art in about 12 years. Now I'm loving the process of this right now but am also painfully aware that my focus on digital work has really hindered the development of my traditional skills.
Anyway thought I'd post it.

Attachments:

22 Mar 2017 21:03 - 22 Mar 2017 21:05 #15608 by Valence
Looks good, Atto. I really like the subtle sheen of light reflecting on the glasses.
Is it done with oils or acrylics or ... something else? :unsure:

I alternate from one day to the next between traditional and digital but I could easily ditch all that brush-washing instantly!

25 Mar 2017 13:07 #15624 by crankshaft
Excellent traditional stuff! The sheen looks quite realistic.

27 Mar 2017 00:20 #15627 by Atto
Thanks guys - it's painted in acrylics - I dont have the patience for oils though I do miss the vibrancy they give. A number of traditional artists I know use acrylics as an underpainting and then oils on top to get the best of both worlds - something I would like to try in the future but funds are erm.... lacking right now (its why I started working digitally because I can produce a plethora of work at just the cost of electricity).
Hopefully I'll have more traditional work to follow.