April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Da funk!

18 Feb 2015 14:02 - 18 Feb 2015 14:04 #8972 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Da funk!
Get those challenge WIP's up Gus! We gotta see them!!

The character development sheets look great. Keep it coming!

There is a peculiarity in your anatomy though, in that they all have pre-adolescent proportions, but have a mature woman's features, like hips and breasts. I think it is the short torso and big head combination that does it.

P.S. Your new avatar is awesome! It looks like something from Monster Hunter!!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Feb 2015 14:42 #8973 by Gus
Replied by Gus on topic Da funk!
Haha it will come I hope by the end of this week! Thanks for the kind words, I was doing some icons a couple a days ago, took the ideas from the Illustration book of Monster Hunter yep haha.
So about the serious stuff, yeah I see what you mean, it´s a tendency I have comming from my influences. I´ll definetly work on that, I think it´s also coz the thin waist. But as I said I´ll work on that! Thank you Dom! ^^

19 Feb 2015 23:22 - 19 Feb 2015 23:23 #8993 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Da funk!

Hey there ^^ I´ve been busy with the sketch of the steampunk contest but is not safe to show just yet. Here are some ideas i was doing before so, and more to come before the end of the month! Thanks for stopping by! Oh and thanks Crank!

On your bottom sketch above, you may want to watch her left leg. I believe you have her leg rotated too far outward, making it look odd and hard to read. With a 3/4 POV to the viewer, I don't think we should see the back-side of her knee as much as you have it presently. - Also, the knife placement on her right knee looks like it might be a bit unorthodox. I think if it was up higher on her thigh, or even lower along her calf would make a better position? (But that's just my opinion though) ... Nice sketches though. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

07 Mar 2015 16:07 - 07 Mar 2015 17:00 #9409 by Gus
Replied by Gus on topic Da funk!
Hi guys! Wow it´s been a loong time =P I´m on a hunt for an internship so yeah.. anyways, It was weird the last couple of days I was getting a double account problen which didn´t allow me to post in the forum, perhaps due the ip duplication of the computers... enough of that, here´s some stuff right out of the oven, just quick sketches and experimenting with textures colors and all. I´ve got a couple more that I´ll add asap! And also the sketch I made for the last challenge which I wasn´t able to participate but I did anyways =P Oh and thanks for the last feedback, I´m working on it, slowly but I am!

Attachments:

07 Mar 2015 16:47 #9411 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Da funk!
The landscape is awesome Gus! Nice work.

That little blob of colour is really effective. Glad to see you posting again!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

07 Mar 2015 17:17 #9412 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Da funk!
Hey Gus, great landscape pic :woohoo: The vegetation looks really lush, and the shades of green you implemented looks great, really helps make the environment vibrant and come to life. I think the trees and everything would look great if you expanded the canvas horizontally, seems like everything is stretched vertically to me. Try expanding the width of your image a bit it would help a lot more with the dimensions of the vegetation, imo. The color studies are cool, great use of complimentary colors there, a lot of reptile looking texture, colors.

07 Mar 2015 18:13 #9421 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Da funk!
Great landscape! I think it could use stronger lighting and maybe place a figure in the center to provide a focal point? I would sprinkle a bit more of that orange/red foliage throughout the jungle/ground. Cheers!

07 Mar 2015 18:28 - 07 Mar 2015 18:28 #9425 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Da funk!
There is a figure ;)
I think the landscape is great for a concept sketch. Very nice colours and light. And like Dom said that one small blob of orange (well there are a few, but one still stands out!) is perfect - just enough for added interest.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

07 Mar 2015 18:36 #9426 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Da funk!

It was weird the last couple of days I was getting a double account problen which didn´t allow me to post in the forum

I don't think it was you, the same problem seems to have affected several others as well unfortunately. It's good to see you are able to log in now though.

07 Mar 2015 18:39 #9428 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Da funk!
Has HAL taken up cloning experiments?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.