April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Da funk!

11 Jun 2015 00:42 #11108 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Da funk!
Those are excellent sketches there and it's good to see you back here. The anatomy stuff looks very accurate indeed. Good work.

As for expressions I have that Mara Facial Expressions app which let's you see various changes of expression on a 3d model but to be honest I think that Gary Faigin book is a better thing to work with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jun 2015 19:14 #11150 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Da funk!
Great studies! Some critique: That last pic of the girl looking at the mirror is very confusing in terms of her physical position. It looks like she's floating in the over the ground instead of of actually sitting on the ground. Putting some cast shadows can help plant her as well.

06 Jul 2015 01:16 #11668 by Gus
Replied by Gus on topic Da funk!
Hey guys =) thank you both! Ive been using the app since you told me, It´s quite handy when I travel. Also the other apps similar to facial expressions are cool too. Thanks Valence.
Thanks for the critique too =) I´ve spotted some stuff too and I want to change it as soon as I get some free time.
Also guys I dont know if you are interested but I wanted to share this collection I have from different artists. I usually use the images for inspiration all free (as far as I know). Folder in mega.
Ok cheers peps!

17 Jul 2015 20:54 #11792 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Da funk!
I agree with Val, these anatomy drawings are really good!

You have a stylised approach to drawing bodies. That's good too, but I find that using just one drawing method can also be harmful. Try some other styles, or approaches. What you learn from that experimental approach will help you to develop your skill set.

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

19 Jul 2015 03:13 #11805 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Da funk!
Really enjoy seeing others sketch-work. Nice stuff.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D