March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Crankshaft's Sketchbook

02 Sep 2017 12:54 - 02 Sep 2017 12:57 #17925 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Crankshaft's Sketchbook
Updates. Getting back to some old wips now that my environment is almost done.

Resumed my cg cookie subscription. Stylized plane wip. I love 3d! I love modeling!

Sci fi truck trailer wip. It's a container that transports and monitors hazardous specimens. Not too much design purpose or direction yet. In the past I would waste time over planning things so now I'm trying to work more organically.

The back >< Shapes too broken up. Needs work.

The front.

Environment. No more big projects for a while after this >< This one really pushed me beyond my comfort zone.

Dart ship wip. Still lots of cleaning up up edges. Looking forward to creating a logo for it :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Sep 2017 13:00 - 02 Sep 2017 13:00 #17926 by crankshaft
Anatomy. Trying to learn the proper insertion/origin thingies of the muscles. I realized I treated the figure more like a mannequin than a human being.

Sketches. Trying figure out what shapes to put for the back of my sci fi truck trailer. It's driving me bonkers. Still not happy with the shapes.
Some specs going thru my head : I want a modular look, with some switches, like a utility panel. Some pipes and tanks need to be included.

02 Sep 2017 13:03 #17927 by crankshaft

I can see a couple of posts where you have the error messages instead of images... But I also see posts with 4-6 images although some of them are duplicates... (And more seem to be attached and also duplicates.) What error messages do you get on those posts?

EDIT: I've tried to attach up to 8 images at once (the maximum) and I'm not getting any errors at all... Perhaps you can take us through step by step and point out where exactly you get an error? Or are you only referring to the posted errors ("You do not have permissions to access this page.") which don't seem to happen all the time, thankfully?

I get error messages when I drag and drop 8 images into the box then hit insert all. It says there's too many links so I have to manually add them one by one which is super slow.

02 Sep 2017 14:18 - 02 Sep 2017 14:22 #17929 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Crankshaft's Sketchbook
It works perfectly fine for me... The only time I got an error message like that, I tried to add more than 8 images... You sure that's not it? (EDIT, actually that just says it exceeds the max number of images)

what about total file size? :?
*hopes hamster can come up with explanation and solution...*

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

03 Sep 2017 10:31 #17930 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Crankshaft's Sketchbook
I believe the problem is possibly that you are exceeding the maximum file size limit for attachments when you bulk upload.

For example the attachments for your last two posts add up to just under the 2mb limit, your uploads on the 26th come in at almost 6 mb which is 3 times the files limit on posts. So if you were attempting to attach most of them into one post you were hitting the size limit and the site was throwing up an error.

I have increased the limit a bit again to see if that helps solve your issue.

05 Sep 2017 01:20 #17978 by crankshaft
Finally finished the environment! (Or as best I can) Went thru a lot of problem solving and I learned a lot from it. Still, comparing it to the where I started I still don't feel like I made much progress.

05 Sep 2017 01:25 - 05 Sep 2017 01:26 #17979 by crankshaft
Finally figured out what shapes to use for the back of the trailer. Also some of the refs being used. They're more for inspiration and shapes than actual reference.

Attachments:

05 Sep 2017 01:27 #17980 by crankshaft

05 Sep 2017 01:28 #17981 by crankshaft
After the kit bash ship I'm going to do a 2017 of my favorite car, the 1986 Toyota Corolla Trueno. So I'm testing out some renders in the meanwhile. The model is from the Sketchup warehouse (not mine) and I'll be kit bashing over it. Pretty amazing models people have uploaded there so there's not point in doing things from scratch. Shaddy Safari said that you should use whatever technique is fastest. Or I might just paint over a photo.

Attachments:

05 Sep 2017 01:29 #17982 by crankshaft
Disaster
Attachments: