April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

24 Hour Sketchjam!

14 Oct 2014 16:18 #6675 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic 24 Hour Sketchjam!
Charlotte's right, Under The Dome should be short and contained. It was fine for about 8 episodes but then became silly and then became boring. And whenever characters declare that "Everything happens for a reason" I get the urge to book an appointment for a coma.

Anyway: Dogs are hard, but linework on a tablet is even harder!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Oct 2014 17:25 #6677 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic 24 Hour Sketchjam!
But the Dome only wants what's best for us! That's why it sends acid rain, destroy our crops, makes everyone fall unconscious, kill people with magnetism and make them shoot each other!

I didn't take the time to do a zombie yesterday which was just as well, because now I can present - ta daa - the world's ugliest zombie dog ever :P You can hardly tell what kind of dog it is, poor thing. (I used reference but you can hardly tell that either!)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

14 Oct 2014 18:01 #6678 by Charlotte
Felt the need to balance that one a bit... I guess this one could be a ghost, for halloween...

Attachments:

15 Oct 2014 18:25 #6692 by Valence
I like the zombie dog!
And don't moan about reference, I needed reference for Snoopy, how sad is that?? (And I really want to correct that awful lettering on my PC)

I'll now cheat and declare the new subject to be what I've already sketched today.

CASTLE

Attachments:

16 Oct 2014 18:53 #6696 by Charlotte
Not quite within the 24 hours, but I did BEGIN within the sketching time. Was tempted to draw Nathan Fillion as Castle, but I decided to go with an actual castle since I never draw architecture otherwise. I first did a couple of crap sketches (using ref from a castle near where I grew up) and then when I felt I understood the building somewhat drew it from a slightly different angle (straight ahead - the photo ref wasn't - and I could use the symmetry tool :woohoo: ) and changed a few things around... but just a little. :P

Love the many meanings in your castle Valence, with the chess, the rook and such :) (In Swedish that piece is called a Tower but there's a move that's called "Rockad" which I suspect comes from the word rook: the the same move in English seems to be called Castling)

Attachments:

17 Oct 2014 00:06 - 17 Oct 2014 00:08 #6699 by octoberstormxx
Replied by octoberstormxx on topic 24 Hour Sketchjam!
This sounds like fun! I love your castle sketches Valence and Charlotte. Looks like you guys did a good job of capturing the perspective. Hm, so anyone can suggest? How about...

CELEBRITY/STAR

17 Oct 2014 18:10 - 17 Oct 2014 18:11 #6709 by Valence
I think Charlotte's perspective is a teensy bit better than mine. :blush:

I seem to spend all my time trying to do celebrity portraits (with varying degrees of failure) so I thought I wouldn't go down that route.
Instead I did something that with hindsight seems glaringly obvious and unoriginal, but hey, that's my imagination for you.
Actually it's a bit messy but I was against the clock with this one (and it still took me an extra 15 minutes longer than I'd hoped!)
And WARNING! WARNING! Lens flare alert: (I know you shouldn't use it but...)

Attachments:

15 Dec 2014 08:27 #7691 by Charlotte
pfft we've neglected this thread again :P (And I'm pretty sure I thought I'd leave it alone if it didn't generate more interest but what the heck...)

SNOW

15 Dec 2014 10:27 #7694 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic 24 Hour Sketchjam!
in the hols i'm definitely playing in here!

15 Dec 2014 18:03 - 15 Dec 2014 18:04 #7720 by Charlotte
You're playing in the snow?
*not following* :?

EDIT: ooooh wait.... You mean Holidays! Gee... Only took me half a day to understand...