April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

24 Hour Sketchjam!

16 Sep 2014 20:45 #6222 by ClaudeCrow
Replied by ClaudeCrow on topic 24 Hour Sketchjam!
Those are brilliantly random. Here's my dad's website www.jamesfieldillustrations.co.uk/illustration.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2014 23:41 #6227 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic 24 Hour Sketchjam!
A dreadful finger painting, I know, but I wanted to have a quick go at this. I do like a bit of dino doodling even though therapod hind legs give me perspective paranoia.

Attachments:

17 Sep 2014 07:40 #6230 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic 24 Hour Sketchjam!
Certainly not bad for a finger painting Valence!

Crow - I love your dad's work. The wildlife stuff too (of course being able to paint dead wildlife does go hand in hand with ability to paint living wildlife...) Will have to take a long and proper look when I'm home from work :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

17 Sep 2014 10:01 #6232 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic 24 Hour Sketchjam!
Done.

Attachments:

17 Sep 2014 11:38 #6237 by Charlotte
oooh I dunno if yours count Banj, it's more than 24 hours since I posted the topic :whistle:
*runs and hides*

nah it's all good. But it's also OK to suggest a new topic for a sketchjam if anyone has any ideas of what they wanna do/see!

13 Oct 2014 17:06 #6654 by Charlotte
geez almost a month since anyone posted here. Guess it wasn't much of a hit idea... But since a few more people seem to be around and posting (and reading!) again I'll push the idea once more...

This is from the first post of this thread:
Every 24 hours someone - anyone - can post a topic and for the next 24 hours people can post their sketches on said topic. Once 24 hours have passed since the last topic, anyone can post a new topic. (First come, first serve.)

So I'm posting a topic again. Nothing original. For the next 24 hours, the word's ZOMBIE!

13 Oct 2014 18:22 #6655 by Valence
24 hour thingies do seem to need a high turnover of users to sustain themselves and it has been super quiet these last few weeks.
But I'll bite again, pardon the pun.

Actually these are a consequence of my failures with the current challenge. Instead of getting frustrated with my crushing ineptitude I pick my pen up and do a quick 30 min sketch without caring about what it will look like. (And technically the first one was done a couple of days ago but the second one was done within the last hour.)

Attachments:

14 Oct 2014 00:01 #6660 by Valence
Just watched The (brilliant)Walking Dead (kill them Carol!!) so I thought I'd do another whilst pretending to watch that silly Dome thing (oooh Barbie's doing .... something -yawn-)
This one was prodded out on my tablet, hence the lack of detail and my poor flat fingertip! -whimper-

I've just realised its a bit skewed but that's what you get when you don't flip it while drawing.

Attachments:

14 Oct 2014 07:30 #6664 by Charlotte
It's probably all right for zombies to be skewed (or skewered for that matter).

I rather like the Dome, so far, but I do fear it'll turn into another "Lost" where there's just more questions and no ending in sight. I kind of feel that if the premise of a show is as specific as a village being encapsulated inside a "glass ball", there should be a solution and end to the whole story, not just more and more seasons with increasingly illogical content.

14 Oct 2014 09:22 #6667 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic 24 Hour Sketchjam!
Under the Dome is rubbish even though I've continued watching it for some reason (last night it was mostly just because it was on after the first episode of Gotham). It's not as good as the book, and that was rubbish too unfortunately.

New subject: Dog