April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

24 Hour Sketchjam!

01 Sep 2014 15:57 - 01 Sep 2014 15:58 #5828 by Charlotte
24 Hour Sketchjam! was created by Charlotte
For everyone who wants some help with ideas for sketching, I thought this might do the trick.

Every 24 hours someone - anyone - can post a topic and for the next 24 hours people can post their sketches on said topic. Once 24 hours have passed since the last topic, anyone can post a new topic. (First come, first serve.)

Ok, GO! :woohoo:

If you need more ideas for daily sketches I find the facebook group Spitpaint inspirational and there's also one called Sketch Dailies that post character themes monday-friday. Unfortunately it seems you need to be logged in to FB to see the posts.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Sep 2014 21:42 #5850 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic 24 Hour Sketchjam!

How 'bout: Environment concepts.

This is a bit of a cheat. I have had these for a while, but I thought it might get the ball rolling anyway!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!
Attachments:

03 Sep 2014 15:57 #5881 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic 24 Hour Sketchjam!
Well, people haven't been around much... So I'll just repeat the theme for the next 24 hours: Enviros! Studies, sketches!

Also if you're on FB the Sketch Dailies theme for today is Dr Who, which I suppose might appeal to some of us here :)

03 Sep 2014 17:33 #5886 by ClaudeCrow
Replied by ClaudeCrow on topic 24 Hour Sketchjam!
Envirosketches!

This one's still midway through the second pass.

Dom I'm not sure if it's just me seeing this but they all seem very similar compositionally. If this wasn't done deliberately then it's quite cool to see how you decided to apply elements in a similar pattern throughout your different concepts.
Attachments:

03 Sep 2014 17:43 #5887 by Charlotte
Looking good Crow.
I feel ashamed to post mine lol but I really do need to practice landscapes. I guess I could make better ones if I took the time. Maybe. This one took about 35 minutes... The reference photo is by a "Mira G" found on "Panoramio/Google Maps" and is of an area where I grew up. I changed it a bit though, adding more cliffs and less mounds of stone... and removing a tree in the middle of everything.

Attachments:

03 Sep 2014 20:56 #5892 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic 24 Hour Sketchjam!

Dom I'm not sure if it's just me seeing this but they all seem very similar compositionally. If this wasn't done deliberately...

Nope. Not done deliberately! To be honest, I am not even sure what I have done! Landscapes are a complete mystery to me and not something I ether practice painting, nor am inclined to paint as a subject. I did these after watching a workshop video!

I am glad you like them!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

16 Sep 2014 07:22 #6200 by Charlotte
Pfft well since nobody else is posting suggestions for this thread, I'll just post the following news and hope I remember when I get home from work:
uk.news.yahoo.com/spinosaurus-worlds-fir...3000556.html#HUaBDD4
blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2014/...mi-aquatic-dinosaur/

So my new 24 hour topic is Spinosaurus!

16 Sep 2014 19:12 #6219 by Charlotte

Not the best dino reconstruction ever but still fun :P Even if I'm jamming all alone...
( I'm jammin' I'm jammin' - hope you like jamming too ) :silly:

Attachments:

16 Sep 2014 19:43 #6220 by ClaudeCrow
Replied by ClaudeCrow on topic 24 Hour Sketchjam!
Very nice Charlotte. Here's my quick little sketch with shockingly little reference. Considering my one of my dad's main illustration subjects is dinosaurs I really ought to put more effort in....

Attachments:

16 Sep 2014 19:58 #6221 by Charlotte
your daddy does paleoart? Anywhere it can be seen? :)
(My dad's done some trilobite paintings but I think he's ignored dinos and other large things. He tends to like insects and such too :P Except for Xmas it seems *just did a google image search* I found a compilation - I don't think he ever sent me all these Xmas greetings! www.funke.no/palvenn.lnk/a_about/08art/jompa/jompa.html)

Btw I like your sketch too :P I keep making the head too small - I think you got the proportions better!