April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

GixGidea's Sketchbook

15 Jul 2014 01:17 #2903 by gixgidea
Well it's been a long long time since I've been active on a forum. I try to sketch a lot (or when I can find time), and I'll try to post some of those sketches here as well.

Feedback and constructive criticism is welcomed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2014 01:18 - 15 Jul 2014 01:52 #2904 by gixgidea
Replied by gixgidea on topic GixGidea's Sketchbook
From my Instagram feed today:
2 images and a warm up page.

Attachments:

15 Jul 2014 01:48 #2910 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic GixGidea's Sketchbook
Good to see ya start a sketchbook, Gix. If you by chance want the images to show in the post itself, opposed to being attachments, just click on the insert button after uploading the files.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

15 Jul 2014 02:15 #2911 by gixgidea
Thanks for the tip. I can get one image to show or imbed from my phone. I did too much at one time. Oh well. Live and learn.

15 Jul 2014 16:11 #3007 by gixgidea
Here's a drawing for today. I was flipping through my sketchbook and found a forgotten sketch that I thought I would work on for a little bit. Here's the result.

Looking at it through my phone shows me some glaring areas that need work. I might even try to do some cg work on this guy.
Attachments:

15 Jul 2014 16:23 #3009 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic GixGidea's Sketchbook

Thanks for the tip. I can get one image to show or imbed from my phone. I did too much at one time. Oh well. Live and learn.

Not a problem. Not sure how it pulls up on the phone, but on the computer you should see a check box next to each file uploaded. Once you click insert, you can then uncheck the box if you like. Just depends on whether you want to have both an imbedded image, as well as attachment/s.

This last guy looks like he may be related to ol' Frankenstein himself. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

15 Jul 2014 16:44 - 15 Jul 2014 16:45 #3012 by gixgidea
Thanks for visiting Dave! To be honest it's nice to participate in a community after all these years. Looking at my middle daughter reminds me that it has been about 5 years since I was really involved in anything like this.

I'm very grateful to the powers that be that decided to pick up the torch after the decision was made to close the old forums. It meant a lot to be involved in the old forums, and kept me wanting to learn and get better.

Here's a sketch from an idea I've been kicking around for a while.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: edtuckerartist

15 Jul 2014 20:43 #3019 by Stuart
Replied by Stuart on topic GixGidea's Sketchbook
Lol, cool.

15 Jul 2014 21:56 #3032 by bergy68
Replied by bergy68 on topic GixGidea's Sketchbook
OMG!!! GIX!!!! OMG!!! How the hell are ya! Its been awhile. Glad to see your drawing still. I like the direction your style is going. I see a lot of improvement as well. Great to see ya here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gixgidea

16 Jul 2014 00:36 #3049 by gixgidea
Hey Bergy! It's been a LONG time. I hope all is well with you. I've been very busy. A lot has changed for me over the years, but I decided not too long ago that people in their 30s and above that still draw are rare, and I didn't want to stop drawing.

I still have dreams of being an "artist" but I'm doing pretty well being a dad. I have 3 beautiful girls that take up all of my old drawing time, but I wouldn't trade my time with them for anything. So my 3d work is rusty and my painting is very rough, but I love to draw, and so do my older girls. So I'm lucky.
:)

How have you been?