April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

23 Oct 2022 07:03 #42604 by cgmythology
Charlotte:  Great point regarding the 'Kill Bill' piece, just added that fix and will upload it on my official website in the coming weeks.  Great point regarding the chest area for 'Superman', did some refining there and some other changes to improve it, hopefully it works better now!

I updated the sketch based on the input I received and I feel it works significantly better now.  I'm pretty happy with it, but if there's something off please feel free to let me know!  Below is the update. 

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Oct 2022 13:25 #42617 by cgmythology
Now that the linework is solid I decided to try out some different color tests for the background.  I really like A as that looks the most natural, but F is also very solid in that it has a solid contrast as well... Below are the color tests, any input on what you think works best would be most appreciated!

Attachments:

24 Oct 2022 13:33 #42618 by Charlotte
I think I like D or F best, but whichever you choose I think maybe the skin tone should be a bit less towards red. (Might sort itself when you actually start painting, though)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

26 Oct 2022 08:11 #42632 by cgmythology
Charlotte:  Thanks, I  agree with the skin tone as well, hopefully it looks more natural now!

I went ahead and developed version 'F'.  It's come quite a long way, made a ton of progress.  Going to refine the figure further, see how far I can play up the details.  Any input is welcome, below is the current progress!   
Attachments:

26 Oct 2022 15:24 #42642 by cgmythology
I resumed work on the image and it's pretty much finalized.  I'm open to any final feedback as well, so if anything is off please feel free to let me know.  Thanks again to everyone for the feedback, very much appreciate it as always! 
Attachments:

27 Oct 2022 01:05 #42655 by cgmythology
On to the next image!  I chose to depict a Lion Warrior for this one, which was something I wanted to do for a while now.  The general pose was referenced from an image I found on Pinterest  here  which I feel is quite dynamic and appropriate for such a character. Below is the sketch, I'm quite happy with it but I'm always open to feedback, so please feel free to offer any input as always!

Attachments:

27 Oct 2022 20:28 #42673 by Valence
Interesting idea. :)
At first glance the head/face looks a little small and I'd think about pushing the distant eye a little further to the left. Big cats seem to have wider spaced eyes so it's tricky doing a hybrid that retains human expressions.
Will be fun to see this develop.

Oh, and I love the face of that Superman. The clarity of the gaze is lovely.

04 Nov 2022 15:03 #42818 by cgmythology
Valence:  Thanks!  Great points regarding the face, I just made those changes so hopefully it works better now.  Glad to hear you enjoy the Superman piece as I had a blast with that as well!

....................I worked on the image until I completed it, it was fairly challenging as I couldn't get the look I was going for until the final stages of the painting process, but I'm finally pleased with it.  Of course there is still time to refine if needed, so please feel free to let me know any input!  Below is the final followed by the steps for those interested.

Attachments:

05 Nov 2022 12:12 #42832 by Valence
This one worked really well with those changes. And I love the way you layered all that grass, it gives the foreground an impressive sense of depth and space for the character to exist in. :thumbup:

07 Nov 2022 13:41 #42863 by cgmythology
Valence:  Thank you!  Glad to hear the changes you mentioned improved the image.  With that said, I wasn't entirely happy with the grass as the contrast was a bit too high, so I made some final changes to the image, hoping it works better now!  Below is the final image.

Attachments: