April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

31 Aug 2022 18:08 #41902 by Valence
I think all of them seem to have the same mood so any of those colour choices would suffice.
I am glad you've added more streaks to the sky. Having just the one would mean that either it's miles behind them in the distance or up close and really small. Adding more of them implies that they're looking at the whole sky and that works a little better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Sep 2022 19:21 #41970 by Digital Dave
Nice images, and yep, you do appear to stay busy which is always good.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

22 Sep 2022 08:07 #42134 by cgmythology
Valence:  Thank you, glad to hear the changes made were for the best!DigitalDave:  Thanks, much appreciated! .............. I resumed work on the image and it's come quite some ways.  Pretty happy with how it's shaping up, although I want to push the image as far as it can go in terms of refinement and detail.  Below is the current progress: 
Attachments:

22 Sep 2022 08:25 #42135 by Charlotte
I know you're not done yet, but currently the one thing that sticks out to me is their skin tone - it would benefit from being warmer (more pink, I think with your chosen colour scheme). They look a bit greyish at the moment.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 Oct 2022 13:31 #42342 by cgmythology
Charlotte:  Great feedback, made the adjustment to the skin and it works much better now!.................I did some significant work on the image, it was extremely time consuming but I feel happy with it in the end.  Although the image is pretty much finalized, I can do minor tweaks and such if needed, so if something feels a bit off please let me know!  Below is the image!

Attachments:

06 Oct 2022 16:22 #42348 by cgmythology
And time for a new illustration!  This is based on reference photo I found of Joan of Arc as a statue, I thought it was quite striking I want to do a similar take... although I won't render her as a statue but as a human.  The reference is here . Below is the sketch, any input before I proceed with the painting process would be most appreciated!

Attachments:

07 Oct 2022 11:30 #42356 by Valence
I like how you handled the sky colours in that finished pic. The transition from the darkness to the warm glow on the horizon is nicely done (although I would prefer to not have clouds BEHIND the moons/planets as that does make the scale a little awkward.)
Great expression on the guy's face too. That look in his eye as gazes upwards really captures the mood well.

07 Oct 2022 14:34 #42357 by cgmythology
Valence:  Thank you kindly, that's great to hear!!

I proceeded with some color tests, I feel A, B, and F work best but it's hard to pick which.  I think I'll take a break for a bit so I can take a fresh look later, but any input until then would be greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you feel works best!

Attachments:

07 Oct 2022 15:10 #42358 by Charlotte
I like the clearer colours of D and F. A and E seems a bit murky and B is pretty but also rather similar to the last one (which did indeed turn out very nice, though I have to agree with Val about the clouds even though I didn't react to it myself until he said it).

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

14 Oct 2022 17:47 #42479 by cgmythology
Charlotte  Thanks!  I agree with your choices and ultimately went with something with a bit more contrast, hopefully it was the right choice!......................I finished up the painting process for 'Joan', decided to develop 'F' although I altered the colors a bit further as I went along... as I always tend to do.  Hopefully it was for the better!  Below is the final image, any input is welcome as always! 
 Next I finished up a sketch for a Star Wars-inspired piece, this time featuring a Jedi Knight.  Any feedback before I begin painting it in would be most appreciated as always!   
Attachments: