April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

01 Aug 2014 16:36 - 02 Aug 2014 20:44 #4656 by evilrobot
Looks good man. Love the little frog.....I've always had a thing for women who practice archery in their undergarments..... there should be a website for that.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Aug 2014 15:15 #4711 by cgmythology
evilrobot: Thanks; I'm sure there's a website for that, they have website for anything nowadays lol.

An update on 'Artemis'. I painted in a deer and did some background work, more grass and some white flowers here and there.

File Attachment:

03 Aug 2014 15:51 #4751 by cgmythology
Here's an update on Artemis, it's almost there!

File Attachment:

03 Aug 2014 16:24 #4753 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic CGAddict's Sketchbook (nudity)
Looking good CG. For me the grass looks a little patterned but I think it works with the slightly more graphic feel you have here. Her torso also looks a little long still but the other edits you've done look spot on.
Nice work.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

05 Aug 2014 00:57 #4807 by Kodabble
Background is really looking good. My only crit is still some of the anatomy. Hope you don't mind took your image and played with it a little. The main issue for me is the upper torso being too long trimmed it that made the left (bow) arm appear too long so shortened it and noted the right leg looked longer then the left so played with them a little. The left image is yours the right is after I tweaked it.

Of course some of it is in the eye of the artist and the anatomy type you like as no real bodies are to specific proportions. :dry:
Attachments:

29 Aug 2014 15:42 #5680 by cgmythology
Atto: Thank you; I tried to avoid that patterned look by painting the grass individually, but I used the same brush strokes pretty much which gave that look. I'll paint more strands of grass in a bit more of a wilder manner to break up that monotonous look I'm trying to avoid.

Kodabble: Thank you for that, looks much better with the tweak; I'll apply it shortly.....

Haven't updated this thread in a bit, I haven't been lazy just working on freelance work, most of which I can't show due to NDA. I did start on a new image today, however, a portrait of Jesus which I wanted to paint for quite a while. This image might be used on a much bigger project if all goes well, so I definitely want to put a lot of love and care to this image. Below is the final linework and the beginning of the block in process.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

29 Aug 2014 17:02 #5681 by cgmythology
Worked on the image a bit more, using only hard edged brushes at this point, will smoothen it out when I'm happier with the values. I also created a custom brush for the foliage which was a huge help to paint the trees.... They look a bit sharp now I'll probably soften them up a bit at a later point....

File Attachment:

29 Aug 2014 22:29 #5693 by cgmythology
Worked on the image a bit more, notably on the skin adding darker values for a more realistic feel:

File Attachment:

30 Aug 2014 04:15 #5697 by cgmythology
Here's an update on the piece, it's getting there!

File Attachment:

30 Aug 2014 13:04 #5733 by cgmythology
Worked on the image a bit more, refined it a bit and worked a lot on the hands.... It's pretty much finished at this point, not sure if there's anything I could improve even further but I'm still open to any feedback:

File Attachment: