April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

14 Nov 2016 13:07 #14818 by Digital Dave
Always nice to see new work, George. I also like the colors and lighting.- But you may want to take a look at her torso/breast angle. Her hips & head appear to be completely side-view, and her shoulders do show to be slightly turned toward the viewer, but her breast & abdomen appear to be turned way more, with her left breast actually appearing to be pointed directly at the viewer.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Nov 2016 06:29 #14832 by cgmythology

Always nice to see new work, George. I also like the colors and lighting.- But you may want to take a look at her torso/breast angle. Her hips & head appear to be completely side-view, and her shoulders do show to be slightly turned toward the viewer, but her breast & abdomen appear to be turned way more, with her left breast actually appearing to be pointed directly at the viewer.

Excellent feedback, thank you! I altered the alien's anatomy a bit, hopefully it's much more natural now. I worked on the image a great deal since the last update, worked in a lot of details and pushed the values further, as well as added darker shades to give it a more believable feel. Here's the current update:

File Attachment:

20 Nov 2016 16:29 #14847 by cgmythology
The image is pretty much complete at this point, spent a lot of time on the detailing and texture work to really bring it to life. I'm still open to any final input before I consider this finished, so feel free to critique!

File Attachment:

21 Nov 2016 01:24 #14850 by Valence
The planet/moon at the top corner still doesn't look far enough away to me, it looks a bit like a floating orb above the astronaut.
With orbiting moons or planets the shaded side shouldn't be any darker than the surrounding sky.

The increased value range in the foreground is working very well and those deeper shadows have solved the problem of the spaceman's feet. He looks much better now.
I like the alien "Nessie" too! :)

05 Jan 2017 21:18 #15032 by cgmythology
I finalized the image, here it is:

File Attachment:

Had the time to resume work on the Harley Quinn illustration, here is the current progress as well:

File Attachment:

Feedback is welcome as always :)

07 Feb 2017 11:59 - 07 Feb 2017 12:18 #15230 by cgmythology
I finished up the Harley Quinn Pin-Up Illustration, very pleased with how it turned out. Here is the final version:

File Attachment:

I'm still in 'Fan Art' mode, so I worked on a sketch based on the Zelda series. Spent quite some time on the linework, here is the current sketch:

File Attachment:

Any feedback is always appreciated, as always.

07 Feb 2017 12:09 #15231 by Charlotte
Is the woman supposed to have 6 fingers? :huh:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

07 Feb 2017 12:16 #15232 by cgmythology

Is the woman supposed to have 6 fingers? :huh:

LOL no just 5, can't believe I did that. I fixed it, thank you!

07 Feb 2017 13:16 #15233 by cgmythology
Here's the first color pass, trying to avoid over-saturation at this stage. I'm going with a golden color scheme as I want it to have an iconic feel, pretty pleased with the coloring so far:

File Attachment:

07 Feb 2017 14:46 #15235 by Valence
Nice linework and composition there. The colour choices look good too, especially the little repetition of hues through the picture, like the little notes of purple and grey.
I think the tilted back head of the central character is one of the most challenging poses to do. Make sure you have some good reference to get the shaded transition between the neck, the jaw and the chin.