March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

05 Mar 2016 21:58 #13473 by crankshaft
Great studies. Looking at lot of your work I noticed that you tend to have very simple or limited camera angles with basic perspective. Therefore I would practice more perspective with your anatomy. You can mix things up like draw 30 legs in different angles. If you need any help just fire away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2016 03:42 #14124 by cgmythology
Valence: Thank you! I won't develop the photo study further as I learned all I needed to with it; Rather I'm illustrating a new piece with 'Harley Quinn' and applying what I learned with the photo study.

crankshaft: Thank you, I definitely agree with you! I'm doing a lot of perspective studies on the side, most notably with 3 point perspective... I have an idea for an illustration to implement this as well, looking forward on starting on that one as soon as I get the chance.

Been very busy as of late, but I wanted to take some time to do a Fan Art piece based on Suicide Squad's 'Harley Quinn'. I worked on the linework a great deal, really wanted it to be very refined early as it makes things go much quicker during the painting process. Here is the sketch, basic colors to follow:

File Attachment:

15 Jul 2016 04:56 #14125 by cgmythology
Current update, blocked in all the base colors:

File Attachment:

15 Jul 2016 08:09 #14127 by cgmythology
Worked on the image some more, focused on lighting and form, trying to give it as much depth as possible at this stage:

File Attachment:

15 Jul 2016 13:07 #14128 by Charlotte
Good to see a new image from you :)
You always make very quick progress with your images so I hope this crit isn't far too late, but if I were you I'd go over those feet of hers again. They aren't drawn with anywhere near the same precision as the rest of your work, and her nearest foot is much smaller than the one farther away. Her pose is also somewhat imbalanced inspite of her leaning forward - I think it'd look more natural if you eather moved the closest leg backwards or gave her a bit of a bend at the knees.

Those are the things I see that I feel can be improved on - her hands on the other er... hand... look more natural than some of your past hands. :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

13 Nov 2016 15:48 #14811 by cgmythology

Good to see a new image from you :)
You always make very quick progress with your images so I hope this crit isn't far too late, but if I were you I'd go over those feet of hers again. They aren't drawn with anywhere near the same precision as the rest of your work, and her nearest foot is much smaller than the one farther away. Her pose is also somewhat imbalanced inspite of her leaning forward - I think it'd look more natural if you eather moved the closest leg backwards or gave her a bit of a bend at the knees.

Those are the things I see that I feel can be improved on - her hands on the other er... hand... look more natural than some of your past hands. :)

Thanks for your input, you make some great points and I plan to revise the image further with your input in mind once I find the time to work on it.!

I recently had the chance to rework my previous 'Catwoman' illustration. Among the changes are a lighter and far more detailed background, as well as detailing and reworking the eyes and the lips. Also reworked the shape of the mask so it's a bit more 'cat-like' as well. Overall I'm fairly pleased with how the image came out:

File Attachment:

Additionally, I just started work on a new illustration, this time experimenting with a sci-fi theme. Worked on the sketch for several hours, wanted to make sure I get that right as early as possible to ensure the painting process goes smoother:

File Attachment:

Feel free to let me know any input!

13 Nov 2016 16:58 #14812 by cgmythology
Began painting the image. I'm working with much lighter colors and values than I normally do, but I'm very pleased with how it's coming out, especially in regards to lighting:

File Attachment:

13 Nov 2016 20:54 #14813 by cgmythology
More progress, still a long way to go but it's coming together, slowly but surely:

File Attachment:

13 Nov 2016 21:10 #14814 by Valence
Catwoman looks good. The symmetry and hand gesture work well together and the whole pic has a cool icy feel to it that complements the blue of the eyes.

The lighting is coming along nicely in the other one too (you DO work fast!) I like how the Avatar-style alien seems light and graceful on her toes like a dancer to contrast with the bulky spaceman's suit. However, the astronaut's boots don't seem quite as grounded just yet. Tweaking the angles of the soles should sort that out. :)

14 Nov 2016 09:07 #14817 by cgmythology

Catwoman looks good. The symmetry and hand gesture work well together and the whole pic has a cool icy feel to it that complements the blue of the eyes.

The lighting is coming along nicely in the other one too (you DO work fast!) I like how the Avatar-style alien seems light and graceful on her toes like a dancer to contrast with the bulky spaceman's suit. However, the astronaut's boots don't seem quite as grounded just yet. Tweaking the angles of the soles should sort that out. :)

Thank you, that's exactly what I was going for with the Catwoman piece, so I'm glad it shows!

Good point regarding the astronaut as well, I'll try to fix that as it progresses!

Here's today's update:

File Attachment: