April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

22 Feb 2016 10:11 #13391 by cgmythology
Worked on the image non-stop since the last update, focused on adding more contrast to the image:

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2016 13:15 #13393 by cgmythology
Worked on the image some more, trying to push values as much as I possibly could to give it a rich feel:

File Attachment:

23 Feb 2016 10:53 #13396 by cgmythology
Worked on the image more, lightened up the values a bit on the figures as they were a bit too dark for my taste. Still has a long way to go, but I think it's coming together:

File Attachment:

23 Feb 2016 21:53 #13399 by cgmythology
Current update, worked a lot on Wonder Woman and added rim lighting on all the figures:

File Attachment:

23 Feb 2016 22:34 #13400 by microscopi
Looking awesome CG :woohoo: You have a great talent with characters! You really have the likeness down for superman's Cavil, as well as superwomen. Cool seeing how each stage is progressing, like a step by step, looks almost complete to me, except for supermans belt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

24 Feb 2016 01:35 #13404 by Atto
As Micro says looking really good CG. The only issue that is a little distracting to me is Supermans arm that runs along the side of Wonderwomans hip. Though the rim light really helps it looks a little flat here, I think due to the similarity in the shape of her hip and the shading and (implied) shape of his arm. I dont get the sense of depth between the two figures that I get on Batmans side. I hope that makes sense :?
Still, great work and I love the intensity in her eyes, the same effect you achieved in your Dragon Slayer entry. Some lovely detailing on the costumes too, that highlight on his chest mounted bat, the little texture on his mask and the slight glare from Wonder Womans tiara! Good stuff.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

24 Feb 2016 09:56 - 24 Feb 2016 09:57 #13406 by cgmythology
microscopi: Thank you! I'm glad to hear I captured the likeness of each figure, Cavil was probably the more challenging of each figure, so I'm glad to hear I got that right!

Atto: Thanks, I might get rid of some of the rim light on the sides of Wonder Woman to fix that issue. Glad you like the detail work as well, I'm trying to push them a bit further at this stage as I finalize the image.

Worked on the image some more; I created two different custom brushes, each specifically to handle the texture work on Batman and Superman. I wanted a more gritty feel to the image, so I added some dirt and such to all the figures. The image is almost done now, here is the current update:

File Attachment:

24 Feb 2016 13:19 #13407 by cgmythology
Just finished the final detailing on the piece, thanks to everyone for helping me out, very much appreciated!

File Attachment:

29 Feb 2016 19:36 #13435 by cgmythology
Had some free time to do some studies, finally. I focused mostly on the anatomy of the legs, still have to do many more to get a stronger grasp of the muscles a bit... Focusing on linework at the moment, I find I get the best results when I slow things down when doing these studies, the results look better and I learn more so I'm going to put more emphasis on 'quality' rather than quantity. With that said, I did find time to do a photo study as well, from a still from the 'Suicide Squad' trailer featuring Harley Quinn, a movie which I'm really looking forward to!

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

04 Mar 2016 21:07 #13465 by Valence
All the anatomy stuff looks excellent.
As does the photo study. I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops and how different it may be from your usual colourful style.