March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

29 Mar 2015 13:14 #9863 by crankshaft
Looking good CG! I think the the line/transition between his left eye and nose can be softened a bit as it stands out as jarring (too much contrast). Also I'd add some translucence to the right/light side of the drink since its very opaque. However it's still a wip so you're probably well on your way!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Mar 2015 06:07 #9887 by CherryGraphics
Just can say I love your art and your way you use lights. I often click on pictures on the home side and find myself looking at one of your pictures. :woohoo:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

21 Dec 2015 17:17 #13058 by cgmythology
Thanks everyone for their comments :)

I recently completed a bunch of card game illustrations. The cards themselves are going to appear much smaller than how they appear here, so I didn't overdo the detailing and refinement but I wanted them to 'read' easily. Had a lot of fun with these!

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

And that'll be all! :)

21 Dec 2015 21:41 #13060 by Valence
These are excellent. All so varied, and they all work as full pictures and readable thumbnails too. I think the third one is my favourite. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

29 Dec 2015 07:11 #13093 by cgmythology
Thanks, that was probably the most important part so I'm glad to hear that!

01 Jan 2016 17:11 #13110 by cgmythology
Here's an image I painted based on the Assassin's Creed franchise for a client:

File Attachment:

01 Jan 2016 22:54 - 01 Jan 2016 22:56 #13119 by crankshaft
Nice work. There's quite a bit of detail here and therefore the composition feels a bit tight or uncomfortable (also a big problem of mine). You also have sharp details where the eye wouldn't be looking (away from the focal) like near the bottom on her legs. These are unnecessary and make it feel more tight. Also I would exaggerate her pose a bit more because its a bit unclear. At first I thought she was standing perfectly towards us but then I realized she's leaning on her left. Is she stepping towards us? If so I would twist her torso more and therefore re render the forms. Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

21 Feb 2016 21:24 #13382 by cgmythology
crankshaft: Thanks, I guess I wanted to emphasize the environment more (which is a conscious decision I've made with all my work), but I agree that it's a bit much compositionally. I doubt I'll get back to the image at this point as the client already approved it, but thanks for your feedback regardless.

Currently I'm working on a Fan Art image based on Batman V Superman.  I spent a lot of time on the sketch, I feel like the more work I put into the early sketching/drawing phase the easier the painting process will be since the shapes are essentially taken care of.  Below is the sketch followed by the current progress shot:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

21 Feb 2016 23:32 #13385 by crankshaft
Nice work. I would double check superman's chest. It looks like its sticking way too much, almost in an unnatural way. Keep up the good work!

22 Feb 2016 07:53 - 22 Feb 2016 07:56 #13389 by cgmythology
crankshaft: Good point, I'll take care of that on the next update, thanks!

Worked on the image some more, still using hard edged brushes at this stage:

File Attachment: