April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Wacom Cintiq Companion 2

15 Oct 2015 08:52 #12618 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Wacom Cintiq Companion To
I hadn't been using it at all Joe, i started using it again, mainly waiting for Windows 10 to pop up (which still hadn't happened when i returned it) I noticed it ran down after a charge really quickly so i tried to charge it again and it wouldn't unless i moved the charger jack around. That worked once, then it refused to even try to charge.

Like you say, its better that it goes within the three years than after, we got ours at the same time didn't we. Is it worth trying to use your old intuos (if you still have it) and leave the cintiq to be uncharged & see if you have issues. Like you, i had no problem when it was using it constantly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2017 10:51 #18447 by kazky
so despite saying i was going to start drawing again I never did. Until now and i've fired up my cintiq companion 1 again, I've bought myself an ipad pro which I now prefer, but I just like photoshop for 'proper' drawing - I'm sure i'll get used to using procreate solely, but until then I need to use my cintiq, and i'm still having the ridiculous problem of wifi constantly disconnecting/not connecting. And it keeps losing my key/pen shortcuts, which I'm then unable to re-set. Last night I was about to launch it through the window.

I really don't know if it's windows 10 or Wacoms issue but has anyone found a long term solution or work around, Can't believe a piece of kit this expensive has issues like this. Joe are you still around and do you still have yours?

05 Oct 2017 10:58 #18449 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Wacom Cintiq Companion To
I think you're supposed to launch windows on your device, not the other way around... :eversohelpful:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 Oct 2017 11:01 #18450 by kazky
*helpedsomuch* :silly:

06 Oct 2017 11:44 - 06 Oct 2017 11:47 #18479 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Wacom Cintiq Companion To
Hi Kaz,
I still use mine and fortunately everything is fine. I didn't upgrade to Windows 10 for fear of something going wrong.
As for the wifi problem - I seem to remember a period when my connection was playing up but it's fine now. The only thing I can suggest at this point is to check your Network Adapters (whatever they are). Do you have Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power enabled? Go into Device Manager>Network Adapters and right-click to get Properties>select Power Management tab. I have this unchecked/disabled. This is Windows 8.1 of course but I assume it's still reasonably similar in Windows 10.

06 Oct 2017 14:09 #18489 by kazky
Hi Joe!! thanks for popping in, I have done that, but still having problems, I read on a forum that if it's on battery when it starts thats when the problem happens (as per your adapter management mention). That doesn't seem to help consistently though.

I guess it's just a windows 10 thing, I thought it would have been sorted in the last 2 years!

strangely though my shortcuts started to work last night after another attempt at getting them too! Maybe it's felt neglected :D

07 Oct 2017 10:12 #18498 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Wacom Cintiq Companion To
Have you tried updating your network adapter driver?

I did a quick search and many people seem to be reporting a driver conflict since upgrading to Windows 10 but I'm not sure how you go about giving priority to one if there are multiple fighting over the connection.

07 Oct 2017 17:27 #18503 by kazky
I did read about the network adapter but when I tried to download the driver from intel it searched my computer & didn’t find any driver ended I pad ate so I couldn’t do it. It’s very frustrating, every time I start it up I have to essentially reset the adapter before it connects.

10 Oct 2017 08:45 #18550 by kazky
so last night It was ridiculous, it wouldn't connect at all, I had to reset the wifi adapter twice before it connected. Then I plugged it in, and that seemed to give it a stable connection! I'm not sure if it was a fluke so i'll try again, but why on earth would that be? I've changed the network adapter setting to maximum power even when on battery so I don't understand what's happening.

Honestly started to fall in love with it again when it retained my shortcuts, but last night made me start to hate it again!

10 Oct 2017 14:26 - 10 Oct 2017 14:34 #18557 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Wacom Cintiq Companion To

I've changed the network adapter setting to maximum power even when on battery so I don't understand what's happening.

Did you do that in the advanced power options settings and the wireless cards management settings?
Attachments: