April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Wacom Cintiq Companion 2

19 Jan 2015 17:20 #8213 by Fes
Replied by Fes on topic Wacom Cintiq Companion To
Yes. That plug problem is the only thing that makes me nervous about my machine. I avoid unplugging/replugging if I can for that reason.

On the Wacom theme, tho not portable, I'm quite impressed with the new 27QHD. If I could afford to upgrade my 24HD non touch model I would. Though I do feel they're squeezing every groat out of you they can by making the stand an optional extra however... bit of a cheek. You'd be nuts not to by a stand and just suffer through neck crick and or back ache leaning over it. It's lighter than the 24HD and I like the express keys being detached. Ah well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jan 2015 18:30 #8214 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Wacom Cintiq Companion To
Yeah that's a bit cheeky, of course you need a stand, does look good though

20 Jan 2015 07:38 #8225 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Wacom Cintiq Companion To
I really fancy the 27HD too but I didn't get far enough to even notice that the stand is optional!! My 21UX is still working perfectly and I love it so it doesn't make sense to be looking at upgrading - although, if I were to accidentally drop ...

20 Jan 2015 17:10 #8229 by Fes
Replied by Fes on topic Wacom Cintiq Companion To

....if I were to accidentally drop ...

My thoughts exactly. ;) Ah well, maybe in a year.

14 Oct 2015 14:17 #12602 by kazky
so i've been absent for some time, but i thought i'd let you know about my cintiq issue. i haven't been drawing for some time and decided to try recently only to find my cintiq wouldn't charge!

i realised it was the first gen problem and contacted Wacom, i had to give all purchase details (i bought it October 2013) and then i received an email with a UPS shipping label two days later, i booked a collection with UPS for the following day (Wednesday 7th October) It was collected and shipped to Germany.

Yesterday it arrived back, fixed and they had even replaced one of the rubber 'feet' on the bottom and my birds had been trying to chew it.

Pretty good service i have to say. Obviously it shouldn't have gone wrong, but there's always teething problems with a new product.

They are repairing units for 3 years I believe, so i'm quite impressed.

14 Oct 2015 18:01 #12604 by Digital Dave
Good to hear you got it sorted and that they took care of you proper! (Which they should) And since we all know it's fixed now, we should start seeing some new works coming.. um, soon? :whistle: =D

Also good to see ya back on here as well. Hope all is going well. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

14 Oct 2015 22:11 #12607 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Wacom Cintiq Companion To
Welcome back Kazky, looking forward to seeing some more awesome work from you.

Now stop feeling all warm and fuzzy with the welcome messages and get some work done for the halloween challenge!

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

14 Oct 2015 22:19 #12609 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Wacom Cintiq Companion To
Add my voice to the Welcome Back chorus!
And I'm glad you've got your cintiq all polished and functioning. Of course they should come with good service at those chunky prices! :)

15 Oct 2015 07:28 #12616 by kazky
Thanks guys, i have missed being here, dust has been blown off the cintiq!

15 Oct 2015 08:32 #12617 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Wacom Cintiq Companion To
Hi Kaz,
Did you have your CC uncharged for a long time? Luckily mine has been problem free so far but I always top up the charge and try not to let it go below 20%. I read that people experience this "not charging" issue even after two years of good use so I'm dreading it happening to me. It's almost preferable to have this issue before the three year guarantee period expires in order to have the refurbished socket free of charge.