April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Problem With Tablet/Need New Tablet

11 Dec 2014 05:49 #7632 by octoberstormxx
Hey guys.

So I'm having an issue with my tablet picking up on my "shakiness." It's the best way I can explain it. I used to be able to make a mark on my tablet in quick movements and they'd look straight and clean, but now for some reason they're all dented and wobbly. Certain function on my Intuos tablet have broken, like the zoom in/zoom out button on the side and all the other special functions. Is the control of shaking one of those special functions? I really hope so otherwise my hand must be shaking so bad it's impossible to use...

On another note, I'm looking to buy a new tablet in the 150 to 250 range. I had the Intuos 3 Large. And I really don't want to lose the circular zoom in/zoom out button on the side. But I noticed the bamboo and other tablets besides the Intuos don't have this function?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Dec 2014 09:56 #7636 by Banj
Have you had any system updates install recently, or installed any software yourself? If it has begun to happen out of nowhere then it's possible something has interfered with the driver unless you have suddenly developed a hardware fault. I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling it and make sure the driver is up to date first.

I've read a lot of good reviews for Huion tablets like the H610 Pro: www.huion-tablet.com/product/product.php?sku=1013 If I were going to replace my old Intuos (which I keep thinking about doing), I would seriously consider one of those as an alternative despite my liking of Wacom's gear. They are pretty cheap too.

11 Dec 2014 10:09 #7637 by kazky
I often (well a few times) had an issue with my intuos where it would lose settings and have line issues, usually caused by the pen calibration being lost.

I always had to uninstall all drivers and software for the tablet, restart and then reinstall and restart again. You always have to do the restarts too.

I recently had an issue where I couldn't add any shortcuts to the tablet express keys for photosho, including zoom, that was due to a windows update and it took Wacom ages to put out a driver update.

11 Dec 2014 11:48 #7640 by Joe
Yeah, definitely sound driverish.

11 Dec 2014 22:43 #7649 by octoberstormxx
Hey, you guys were right, it was a driver issue! Magically all the side buttons are working again. -throws confetti into the air-

You guys are so clever. xD I didn't even think of drivers being an issue, but now it's like magic, poof. I am having an issue still where it won't recognize one of the USB slots but I think it's because the cable is broken or something. I'm not sure if we can order just new cables? Does anyone know?

21 Apr 2015 20:30 #10264 by edtuckerartist
Is that tablet still going strong and did you fix the usb?
I think my tablet may be having problems, it's an old Wacom bamboo (pen and touch model) and it started to act as if the pen is running out of ink, i'll start drawing a line and when I get to the end realise it's not a continuous line. (best way I can describe the problem)
Will try re installing the drivers etc but think it may be down to me dropping the pen a few days ago :O

21 Apr 2015 20:44 #10269 by Valence
Can you tweak the pressure sensitivity in the Tablet Preferences?

I have an old Bamboo and sometimes the preferences file goes a bit haywire and I have to reload them from a backup file. But I''ve never had a discontinuous line problem.

21 Apr 2015 21:03 #10273 by edtuckerartist
Just reset the settings and it seems to be working alright now = exhales