April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Intuos4 replacement surface sheets

13 Jul 2014 22:28 #2682 by Digital Dave
Yeah, they might say that on the description, but I was only going by my personal experiences using this product when I did quite a bit work on cars growing up. When using this product to loosen parts, etc. It would seem to start breaking down the components of both rubber and plastics, leaving a tacky feel to them. Especially when left on, and the parts described on a vehicle are much thicker then the sheets I was looking into. - It may indeed work though? Dunno, but personally I would still prefer to use a product made for removing residues of any type of glue, to a product that's not only more harsh in nature, but considered an all-in-one product. ... But thanks for the info.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jul 2014 22:58 #2697 by kazky
Dave i would take that as corroboration of what you have found actually. i wouldn't use it

13 Jul 2014 23:10 - 13 Jul 2014 23:13 #2698 by Digital Dave
Don't get me wrong, It's a good product that I've used a lot, but see it's uses more in the mechanics/industrial field. Just think it might be a little too harsh for this type of application. ... I actually had a thick piece of plastic stuck on the back fender of my Harley when I first got it (to protect finish from the backseat I removed) and the only thing I would even trust on it was googone. The product was made for breaking down and removing any glues, and it does just that without harming paint, plastic, or anything else it might come in contact with. (But again, just my thoughts on it.) :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

14 Jul 2014 07:22 #2730 by Stuart
Well thanks for sharing your experience, I wouldn't have thought that it would damage plastic, but obviously it can. Why anyone would use it to remove adhesive is strange to me, I would have just gone with an adhesive remover.

I complain quite regularly that we can put a man on the moon (assuming you all believe that :p) but we can't find an adhesive that sticks when it should but also lets go when it should too - think of price stickers on mugs and plates etc. :angry: