April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Zbrush Core Mini - Free Zbrush version

11 Jun 2020 11:03 #29486 by Banj
:woohoo:

Pixologic have released Zbrush Core Mini, a free to use, cut down version of Zbrush Core (which is a cut down version of Zbrush... ). As I understand it this is for personal, non commercial use only.

Available from: zbrushcore.com/mini/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2020 11:58 #29492 by Valence
I do like a freebie.

It does seem very limited though. It looks to have less functionality than Sculptris and no Zspheres for the base mesh? (always wanted to try those. The Blender equivalent is... fiddly :S)

But even so, I still like a freebie. :cheer:
And it'll be good to finally experience the Zbrush interface. :)

11 Jun 2020 12:07 #29494 by Banj
I'm watching the video right now, so I don't know the exact details of features, but it is as far as I am aware a more polished Sculptris without any of the texturing and UV creation stuff. It does have some very interesting export options. It is likely more stable and likely better performance than Sculptris.

11 Jun 2020 12:19 #29498 by Valence
I have always been intrigued by the performance part of it. It seems very well optimised for the particular thing it does even without the need for heavy-duty graphics cards. Which is rare these days, even the latest Blenders seem to groan a bit if you don't have a recent GPU.
So I am looking forward to trying this out even if it does turn into one of those thing I forget about and rarely use. :)