March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Epic Quixel news

12 Nov 2019 14:57 #26722 by Banj
Epic Quixel news was created by Banj
Epic Games has thrown some of their huge bank balance at the developers of Quixel. The result is that Quixels megascan texture library will be half the price that it used to be, unless you are using Unreal Engine in which case you can access all of it for free. They will also be releasing Quixel Mixer (3d texture painting app) and Bridge for free.

help.quixel.com/hc/en-us/community/posts...RCES-WITH-EPIC-GAMES

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Nov 2019 15:41 #26725 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Epic Quixel news
A lot of those Quixel megascan videos keep appearing on my recommendations and it does look like a pretty awesome set of resources. :thumbup:

However, my 3D skills remain somewhat less than awesome. :lol:

12 Nov 2019 15:49 #26727 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Epic Quixel news
Well, now you can combine them with less than awesome Unreal Engine skills as well at no extra charge :dumb:

12 Nov 2019 16:49 #26728 by Banj
Apparently Unreal Studio, which was aimed at engineering and product design etc. is now being merged into Unreal Engine instead of being a stand alone version. The Twinmotion offer has been extended until early next year, so is still free to grab. www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/unreal-e...io-features-and-more

12 Nov 2019 16:53 #26730 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Epic Quixel news
I think I have an old unreal engine (never used). And I have unity (never used) and Visual Studio (can't figure out how to use...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

12 Nov 2019 17:13 #26731 by Banj
Imagine all the things you wont be able to do in the future with those things :dumb:

12 Nov 2019 17:28 #26732 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Epic Quixel news
I know! It's amazing! :woohoo:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

12 Nov 2019 19:55 #26736 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Epic Quixel news
I remember many (MANY) years ago I bought the game Unreal Tournament just because it came with the engine. Never managed to do anything with it though. Not then, not now.
And I did download the Skyrim Creation Kit too recently to try and build some landscapes with it but... you know how it is. :shrug:

These days my 3D attempts are Blender or nothing... and those Blender efforts are still very close to nothing. Last month I did try to follow a YouTube tutorial for creating a photorealistic nature scene. I downloaded the textures, followed all the instructions, step by step (and they were just basic technical instructions with no need for artistic decisions or skill) and the end result ... looked absolutely nothing like the one in the video. :lol: