March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Autodesk Sketchbook now free

02 May 2018 12:45 - 02 May 2018 12:51 #21033 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Autodesk Sketchbook now free
My only gripe with the mobile version is that it doesn't support pressure sensitivity unlike pretty much all the other major painting apps available.

EDIT - It looks like the brushes I linked to earlier in the thread are actually available to download through the brush palette anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2018 13:44 #21034 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Autodesk Sketchbook now free
@Banj and Val: Thanks thats what I thought - i may end up doing sketches in my old program and export then to Sketchbook. If I get chance I'll post my first efforts later.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

02 May 2018 15:02 #21037 by Charlotte
downloading now. After all, you can't have too many freebies. Until you run out of space.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 May 2018 21:23 #21044 by Valence

After all, you can't have too many freebies.

Yep, that's my motto too!

I've got loads of software that I never use and plenty of stuff that I have no intention of using. :)

And speaking of those reference tools, I think I do have Kuadro somewhere in a folder. I used to use it when I tried to do 3d stuff in Sculptris and I remember it being pretty good.

03 May 2018 08:25 #21045 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Autodesk Sketchbook now free
I wonder if they are doing this because of Procreate's popularity?

03 May 2018 10:34 #21046 by Banj

My only gripe with the mobile version is that it doesn't support pressure sensitivity unlike pretty much all the other major painting apps available.

Well, apparently my only gripe with the mobile app is no longer a gripe. I just downloaded the full version and pressure is working on my tablet. :thumbup:

03 May 2018 11:25 #21047 by Valence

I wonder if they are doing this because of Procreate's popularity?

I'd be happy if Procreate was more popular but they stubbornly don't want to release for any other device. :(

What pressure sensitive thingy do you have, Banj?
My clumsy fingers can't even do that 'simulated' pressure that some apps promise. :lol:

03 May 2018 11:41 #21049 by Banj

What pressure sensitive thingy do you have, Banj?
My clumsy fingers can't even do that 'simulated' pressure that some apps promise. :lol:

I have a Tegra Note 7 which uses Nvidia's own Direct Stylus tech that reads pressure through the screen rather than a pen with a spring loaded tip like other devices. It has it's own stylus but you can theoretically get pressure from fingers, pencil, a bit of old stick, a cat. I have tried it with a regular paint brush but it didn't really work that well which may be down to the fact I have a screen protector on it (or it might just be that it isn't that sensitive), but the default stylus does the job well enough for me.

I had pressure using a number of different apps, but the free version of Sketchbook never had any so I tended to use it less than the others. That may change now that the full version is free and works correctly.

03 May 2018 16:53 #21051 by Charlotte

a cat.

:lol:

:blink: wait... did you try?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

03 May 2018 17:42 #21054 by Banj
:paranoid: