April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Corel Painter 2018

28 Jun 2017 10:43 #16626 by Banj
Corel Painter 2018 was created by Banj
Painter 2018 has been released with thick paint 2.5d textures and other stuff: www.painterartist.com/en/product/painter/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jul 2017 19:15 #16984 by Mr. Sabrosito
Replied by Mr. Sabrosito on topic Corel Painter 2018

Painter 2018 has been released with thick paint 2.5d textures and other stuff: www.painterartist.com/en/product/painter/

Started painting digitally with painter, i think it was painter X-2 it had a lot of cools tools , really nice brushes and a really cool feature to use an image as a texture for your brush directly . But there was not much material to learn from and it crashed a lot on my computer. So decided to move to photoshop and it took me a ton of time to get stuff looking as good as the one i used to do in painter.

how is painter working now , is it worth giving it a shot??

14 Jul 2017 12:01 #16985 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Corel Painter 2018
I went in the opposite direction. I did all my painting in Photoshop for years, then moved to using Painter instead when Painter X was released (at least in regard to actual painting). I can't speak for the new version because I haven't upgraded (I am currently using 2017), but I've never really had any problems with stability or performance myself.

If you do a lot of image manipulation such as transforms or colour correction, then you are better off with Photoshop. Corel has improved their transform tools alot but they are still a long way behind Photoshop in that area.

16 Jul 2017 08:48 #17021 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Corel Painter 2018
Painter has been improving steadily since X3. Painter 2017, which I am using now, is easily the best version I've used so far. I haven't had time to use 2018 yet but there are a few good enhancements to existing features that are producing good feedback.

I'm using the Windows version but there have been reports from a few Mac users saying that 2017 is a little bit slow for them. Best thing to do is check out the trial.