April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

ArtRage 5 released

08 Feb 2017 12:06 #15238 by Banj
ArtRage 5 released was created by Banj
I knew it was on it's way but didn't realise until now that it is already out: www.artrage.com/artrage-5-live/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2017 12:11 #15239 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic ArtRage 5 released
ooooooh :cheer: I'll have to remember to look that up! Though it seems 50% of the Art Rage 5 price will be very similar to the 100 % Art Rage 4 price... :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Feb 2017 16:46 #15248 by Charlotte
Well I wents and did it... I haven't installed it yet and I have no idea if the "increased speed" promise holds this time or if they have better erasers (I always felt the artrage eraser was pretty sucky) but they had me at added perspective grids and making custom brushes :P

11 Feb 2017 17:26 #15249 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic ArtRage 5 released
Yes, the Photoshop-style level of functionality is long overdue, especially custom brushes. Trying to create sticker sets in previous versions is both painful and baffling.

11 Feb 2017 17:48 #15250 by Charlotte
I'll have to look into that more - I just installed and tried the eraser... It's got 4 presets but other than that it's the exact same as before. That said, maybe by being able to make custom brushes it'll be easier to "paint areas" to erase (I've sometimes done this when I want a really soft edged eraser - paint with an airbrush to "cover" what you want erased and then turning that layer into a stencil that you can use a hard eraser on and still maintain opacity levels. It's a bit of a pain but it works.)

12 Feb 2017 16:58 #15251 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic ArtRage 5 released
I never knew the eraser was such a hassle. I was trying to think of how I used it, before slowly realising that I don't use it. :) I just overuse undo or keep painting over my mistakes until it's a muddy mess!
Can you make it softer by also reducing the pressure? :unsure:

12 Feb 2017 17:36 #15252 by Charlotte
Yes you can but... I think the main difference is that when I painted with Photoshop the eraser would be opaque in the middle and gradually more transparent towards the edges, whereas the ArtRage eraser is pretty much the same opacity throughout. And even when soft, you tend to get a distinct "edge" in the paint which I often don't want.

01 Mar 2018 20:01 #20393 by Charlotte
uh, just posted update news in the totally random thread because I couldn't find this one. Now I'm looking for another thread, and look what I found!