March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Odd/Strange sign-in issues?

16 Nov 2016 19:51 - 16 Nov 2016 19:52 #14824 by Digital Dave
Anyone else having any issues when signing in? As you can see in the attached screenshots, I have my name/password saved and most times just simply click login, and that's it. But lately, I click this and get the Warning/Error messages, and then manually put type in the same password, and it then lets me in? ... Just an FYI, but I have had the same password for years now. :dunno:

Also, for the past couple/few days, I keep seeing that it's showing that I'm signed in, and I have made sure to sign out both at work and home thinking maybe I was still signed in at one or the other. But yesterday and today, I made sure to sign out at home and then at work, and later in the day, I was shown signed in again?

Neither are big deals, just wondered if anyone else is experiencing this. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Nov 2016 00:34 #14828 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Odd/Strange sign-in issues?
No, I've never encountered that.

Sometimes when I log in it still says I'm OFFLINE as if I'm invisible, but I kinda like being invisible. :D

Is the 'always signed in' issue something to do with the facebook or google login?

17 Nov 2016 09:21 #14829 by Charlotte

Sometimes when I log in it still says I'm OFFLINE as if I'm invisible, but I kinda like being invisible. :D

Aha! So I'm not alone in being "offline" even though I'm always signed in... Banj thinks it's only affecting me lol

Haven't had your problem though, Dave, at least not in very long. But I guess Banj might have made a behind the scenes update or two that might cause this...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

17 Nov 2016 10:32 #14830 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Odd/Strange sign-in issues?
I've started to notice i'm not logged in when I am, it's only happened over the last few weeks. I usually log myself out then back in.

Not had any other issues though?

17 Nov 2016 12:36 #14831 by Digital Dave
Yeah, I too get the 'offline' from time to time even when signed in. Think I mentioned that before?

I just find it strange that some days I can simply click the login button and go right in, but recently - like just now, it gives me the error message and I then have to manually re-type the same password in? ... I actually just went in and edited my profile and placed the same password back in and saved to see if it helps 'reset' this? We'll see if it helps...

18 Nov 2016 12:54 #14833 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Odd/Strange sign-in issues?

Banj thinks it's only affecting me lol

What Banj actually said was that you were the only person that had mentioned experiencing any problem :confident: :aha: Now that others are reporting the same thing he is now aware that it isn't a localised issue. He has now begun to refer to himself in the third person for the remainder of this post.

A man must investigate the problem.

A man thinks it may be the result of Toblerone changing the shape of their chocolate bars, but a man has been wrong about such things before on at least two occasions.

A man suggests keeping an eye on it for now and letting him know if it continues or fixes itself.

18 Nov 2016 14:48 #14835 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Odd/Strange sign-in issues?
Kaz is mad about Toblerone and she doesn't even bloody like Toblerone.

18 Nov 2016 15:37 - 18 Nov 2016 15:38 #14836 by Digital Dave
Well, Dave just had to Google Toblerone, because he didn't have a clue what it was! :lol:

On a side note, after updating my password in my profile yesterday as I mentioned I did, today when I clicked on the login it gave me another error, but this time cleared all data fields as well?

After three attempts with the same results, I ended up having to type in both name & password manually to get it to log me in? Just wanted to mention it, but at least I can still log in either way.

Here's where it kept taking me when just clicking on the login button. As you can see, the 'remember me' box is still ticked as well.

Attachments:

18 Nov 2016 15:53 #14837 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Odd/Strange sign-in issues?
Dave, next time could you try making sure you are logged out, then next time you log in un-check the "remember me" option, and log in using the email address registered on the site instead of your username. Then let me know if it still gives you an error.

20 Nov 2016 01:42 - 20 Nov 2016 01:44 #14842 by Digital Dave
Banj, it seems to work either way without any errors. (and I did un-tick the 'remember me' box) Whether I use Digital Dave or the e-mail Digital._.Dave@... as long as I type in the info for either one. ... The only time I was getting the error messages is when I simply clicked the login button, since my info has been saved for quite some time for this site. Before this, I've always just clicked the login button and I was right in. This just seemed to stop work recently?

Even though I can still log in manually, I will clear the history for the site as well and see if the e-mail does the same as the user name, after I save it for future logins. - Not a big deal really, just thought to mention it since it just recently started doing this and it might be tied into something else.