April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

14 Jul 2017 20:24 #16990 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:blink:
There's just soooo much missing from my childhood/youth... :S

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jul 2017 09:11 #17022 by Charlotte
I downloaded Secret World of Legends yesterday, installed. Got an error message. Tried again this morning. Same thing. Tried googling for a fix, way too many options to try :P

Then I saw a directX update file in the downloaded files, tried that, and voila! I felt immediately stupid! :blush:
Now it's working on the real download. Seems it'll take a few hours...

16 Jul 2017 16:21 #17023 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Ah, the joys of modern gaming!
Order. Download. Download more. Install. Update drivers. Download even more. Install again. Wait for patch. Install patch. Aaaand .... play? :)

16 Jul 2017 17:02 #17025 by Charlotte

Aaaand .... play? :)

Uh... more like, take an hour or so to create a character, try to find an unused character name... and die in the tutorial. :blush: I'm not used to the controls/buttons, I keep wanting to do things like I do in guild wars. And I think I wanna change my hair. :unsure:

I keep firing with my mousebuttons like a total noob but I haven't found how to turn that off (I've assigned number 5 to skill 5, but one mouse buttons still fires although it's not assigned - originally the game had q assigned to skill 1, 1 assigned to skill 2 and 2 assigned to skill 3. Seemed rather confusing to me...)

Anyhow I am now not sure whether I need to just relogon to defeat the last enemy of the tutorial/intro or delete and recreate the character (the last seems unlikely - I guess I just spent too much time playing with the dressing room in my last try, the enemy probably went back to his grave for a nap...)

16 Jul 2017 21:50 - 17 Jul 2017 11:50 #17028 by Charlotte
[EDITED]
I had to relogon a few times to finish the tutorial - each time the game went back "1 step" and I needed to get something from something so... anyhow it worked :P I still accidentally fire at nothing but I've made it through the tutorial, I survived something of a seduction scene (er... wasn't expecting that one) and have now reached the formidable level of 3 and (I think it was) New England...

EDIT: Btw I should say I really like the artwork in between scenes and locations... Mostly "almost greyscale" at least so far, it reminds me of charcoal drawings.

17 Jul 2017 20:58 #17046 by Charlotte
Oops. 11 pm? How did that happen? I did take a break earlier to get some stuff done but I got annoyed with all the kids clamouring outside and found I longed for the gurgling and shuffling sound of zombies. I'm quite enjoying the game so far :P (and can't help but think how mom would say 1) the people who made the game must be complete sickos, and 2) she can't understand how anyone would enjoy playing something so distasteful... lol)

18 Jul 2017 19:52 #17053 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
You know you're enjoying a game when you start time travelling like that. :lol: You should only start worrying when you begin to lose whole days rather than just hours. ;)

18 Jul 2017 22:31 #17054 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Gaming
Or until you wake up with a full beard! :blink:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

20 Jul 2017 18:10 #17062 by Charlotte

Or until you wake up with a full beard! :blink:

lol I sure hope that will never happen to me!

21 Jul 2017 14:10 #17074 by Charlotte
Now TWO NPC's have been flirting with my character. I wonder if any male NPCs ever flirt with male player characters? To be honest I think it's a bit annoying that they don't seem to consider female gender at all. Other than that I'm still enjoying the game :P