April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

05 Jul 2017 21:01 #16884 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I haven't joined Steam but I have heard of it at least. It's one of the reasons that Valve haven't made the much-wanted Half-Life 3. They prefer to make money than make games these days. :)

I'm still bashing bricks :P But I did dig out Cruise For A Corpse again the other day for my point-click fix.
I do like the sound (and look) of ThImbleweed Park but I'd need it to run on (old) Android, preferably cheaply. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jul 2017 19:31 #16924 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
I’m not sure of the specs for thimbleweed actually, i’ll check it out for you

09 Jul 2017 15:18 #16950 by Valence
No, don't "spec shame" me, Kaz. That will only end in my embarrassment. :lol:

But all this talk of pointy, clicky adventures made me dig out my old copy of AGS the other day. I periodically go through phases where I feel inspired to have a go with it (or with that Wintermute engine) and waste several hours looking through manuals before once again giving up after failing to draw pixel art. :) And then I reminisce about the good old days when I actually had motivation and patience. :lol:

11 Jul 2017 14:58 #16957 by kazky
I reminisce that all the time Val, and whilst looking at my unused wacom, and unlooked at art books.

Instead I surround myself with creatures of all kind that demand all my attention. All my intentions of drawing, literally every day, go out the window as soon as i get home! Grrrrrr..

11 Jul 2017 16:02 #16958 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I reminisce that all the time Val, and whilst looking at my unused wacom, and unlooked at art books.

Instead I surround myself with creatures of all kind that demand all my attention. All my intentions of drawing, literally every day, go out the window as soon as i get home! Grrrrrr..

And now you will go to the latest challenge thread and post some artwork :shakefist:

11 Jul 2017 16:13 #16959 by kazky
Damn me all to hell! I might try!

11 Jul 2017 16:15 #16960 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I'm watching :stare:

11 Jul 2017 19:08 #16961 by Valence
A watched kettle Kazky never boils paints. :whistle:

11 Jul 2017 19:29 #16962 by Valence
I find it quite easy to pick up a sketchbook and pencil or start up an app, even if it's just to do some finger painting. The things that I struggle with are the ideas that require a bit more planning or need you to switch between several separate skills that depend on each other.
3D stuff is another example of that, where you have to model/sculpt then think about 2D texturing then go back to 3D to do the armature and the posing, then the lighting etc. You sort of need to know in advance how all those things are going to interact and that's what I don't have the patience for now, whereas with sketching/painting you can just pick up the tools and see where it takes you without too much forethought, and two hours later you *have* something. It may not be good but you do have something. :)

With the other stuff (like my silly attempt at pixel art animated sprites the other day) if you don't bother to sit down and plan it out then you mess around and end up with absolutely nothing except for the nagging feeling that you've just wasted an entire hour/day/week/life. :lol:

/whinge over. ;)

11 Jul 2017 21:42 #16963 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Gaming
It takes only 28 days to develop a habit, good habits too, rewires your brain and you get more pleasure from it each time, especially when you see results.