April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

01 Feb 2019 21:27 - 01 Feb 2019 21:29 #23639 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Does that mean you've finished the game? Or are there other planets to explore?

Meanwhile, back in Vvardenfell, I was infected with the Blight! :ohmy:
I'd just been battling two of those annoying Cliff Racers... at the same time!!!
I eventually dispatched them with a few "cleaves" of Cloudcleaver and I was obviously a bit tired after those exertions. But before I could rest a Nix Hound came bounding my way! So I flailed that axe around at it, I can usually kill them with one or two blows but... I was still tired. I did kill it, but it got a few strikes on me and as I gazed at the carcass it said that it was a "diseased" Nix Hound and those few blows had given me the Blight. This led to my Strength and Endurance stats to be completely decimated and they also govern how much you can carry. So now in my super-ill state I couldn't even move while carrying my equipment. Not one single step.
"You are over-encumbered!" I was repeatedly told. I was left with only two options: 1- Ditch all my precious weapons and armour and hobble back so find someone to heal me or 2- Just stand there and... die!

If you think I'm losing those weapons, you are mistaken. I just "died" .... and reloaded the last save. :lol:
And from now on I shall always carry at least one Cure Blight Potion with me, if I can find someone who sells them. :eyeroll:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2019 23:20 #23640 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
When you have the option to survive, or die, of course you chose the latter... :dry:

And yes, I finished the game. :( I want more! But I'm not too inclined to spend money on an unfinished sequel... I feel like that'd spoil the experience of exploration, while at the same time you don't get access to everything that'll be available in the final game. (That is, by the time I have access to everything, I will be tired of exploring. Probably... Maybe.)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Feb 2019 00:15 #23641 by Valence

When you have the option to survive, or die, of course you chose the latter... :dry:

That's what cheating saved games are for! :lol:

02 Feb 2019 08:49 #23642 by Charlotte
that and sending multiple time capsules :P (I only ended my game once and sent one capsule though - but by the number of capsules submitted you'd think people were hoping to win the lottery with them)

02 Feb 2019 14:19 #23643 by Valence
But what are you gonna play now? :(
It's like the end of an era.
Back to Tribez maybe? Or did you try that Witcher game that was going cheap?

02 Feb 2019 14:25 #23644 by Charlotte
oh I have that! :P
Or I might just play in creative mode and build a massive "habitat".

Or take some time to paint instead... :dry:

02 Feb 2019 22:01 #23652 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Or I might just play in creative mode and build a massive "habitat".

I've done that, but it's actually not really all that interesting. It also seemed to get a bit laggy once you start getting complex with your base layouts. So I just go back through the game on Hardcore mode.

03 Feb 2019 10:08 #23658 by Charlotte
I'll probably do that too, eventually. Just not when I still have most of it in "fresh" memory...

03 Feb 2019 17:17 #23668 by Valence

So I just go back through the game on Hardcore mode.

I'm the complete opposite of that. If I ever replay games I want them to be easier (or even easier! :P)
The only thing worse than getting stuck on a game is getting stuck on it a second time after you've already finished it. :)

04 Feb 2019 12:03 #23671 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
:hmm: but by that point they already are easier to play through because you have been through them already.