March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

25 Jan 2019 21:12 - 25 Jan 2019 21:28 #23545 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I hereby declare that to be "Not Cheating." :)

Meanwhile I have apparently joined House Hlaalu. I was just roaming around and got myself a spying quest that sounded interesting and now I'm one of them. The only problem is that, unlike the guilds where you can be a part of all of them even if they do occasionally conflict, once you join one of the Great Houses you can't join any of the others. And after reading up on one of those cheaty guides it seems like I'd probably be more suited to House Redoran. :(
I only ended up with House Hlaalu because their council seat is in Balmora which is the place that kinda feels like home to me even though I don't actually have a house there. (I have a place in Seyda Neen and I think I can now have the "necromancer's" place in Maar Gan after I let her go -I actually didn't believe the necromancer allegation- but Balmora is the easiest place to use as a base in Vvardenfell.)
Anyway I thankfully had an extra game save from before the House Hlaalu quest (I like to have two "saves," one "official" one and another quick-save for emergencies when my spidey sense is tingling) so I've loaded that back to give myself a more thoughtful choice of which House to join instead of just accidently taking sides. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2019 21:18 #23547 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Cheats, cheats everywhere ya big cheaters :shakefist:

25 Jan 2019 21:26 #23549 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Wait a moment while I just reload my life from before you called me a cheat. :P

25 Jan 2019 21:38 #23550 by Banj
:facepalm:

25 Jan 2019 21:51 - 25 Jan 2019 21:55 #23551 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:lol:
and *squeee* for the early access thingy. It's a shame it costs money to help out :P but I might not be able to resist...

EDIT - and dang I just spent quite a bit of money on other stuff... :dry:

EDIT 2 - Such pretty pictures!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

25 Jan 2019 22:02 #23552 by Banj
Not really a fan of the whole early access thing myself, so I'll probably wait until it's actually finished and released. Interested to see what they are doing with it though.

25 Jan 2019 22:06 #23553 by Charlotte
Thank you Gandalf for closing the window while I'm typing...

I'm guessing bug free is more fun, but.... I dunno if I want to wait - I've really enjoyed the game so far. Though it feels like it'd be an excellent group RP setting as well. I does get a bit lonely in single player. Even if I called my bioreactor Melvin. Not sure it'd ever work as well as an MMO, as I've seen people wish for/discuss.

26 Jan 2019 22:14 - 26 Jan 2019 23:47 #23565 by Charlotte
oooook.... I'm finding myself in a deep cave where apparently the fishies swim through air. I can't swim and my bot can't swim, although it did manage a bit back. So I'm in a bit of a pickle. I can't get the bot back to the sub because I apparently need the jump jet, which is safely stowed in a locker on the sub... :dry:

I couldn't get back into the alien structure in the cave either, first, since the bot/suit won't jump anymore (???) but luckily my last save was from inside, so I restarted from there, went through a gate, went home the old fashion way to fabricate a new jump jet and some purple tablets because I apparently need more of those... Once home I find I left the materials for the tablets on the sub, too... *eyeroll*

It feels like I've come somewhat too far to start over so I guess I'll have to patch things up as well as I can :P

EDIT: And after going through the gate, swimming back to my base, getting the gear I needed, taking my Bunny (small sub) back to that island and esentially abandoning it there, going back through the gate and leaving the alien structure.... swimming worked again. :eyeroll:

28 Jan 2019 14:33 #23587 by Banj
:huh:

31 Jan 2019 18:27 - 31 Jan 2019 19:39 #23624 by Charlotte
I left the planet. Why did I leave the planet!? I miss it already :cry:

And for a moment, there at the end, I thought I died rather than escaped - but then a reassuring voice told me I owed them some trillions of credits.... So I guess I'm still alive...

Edit: looking at the time capsule page (unknown worlds website), it seems people are spamming them with capsules as they leave? Some have the exact same message but different pics, others have the exact same screenshot but different messages.... Tried to find my own but only got to 8 pm on Jan. 24th before growing tired of the "load more" procedure... And they seem to have names... I never named mine? :(

Edit again - I found it using search :P