April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

30 Sep 2022 17:31 #42214 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
13 % and can't be put on pause, so basically I can't use the internet for anything else for the next 18-20 hours or so :dry:

"Oh, no! What have I done?"

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Sep 2022 18:58 #42215 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Go watch something on Netflix.

Oh, wait. :dry:

30 Sep 2022 19:09 #42216 by Charlotte
Exactly. I tried HBO but it just buffered... (It did play some of the dialogue but basically showed a still...)

01 Oct 2022 06:56 - 01 Oct 2022 07:27 #42222 by Charlotte
Skyrim was installed when I got up :excited:

I started a new game and.... I do hope the starting cinematics aren't important? :dumb:
I have one cat meowing too loud for me to hear the dialogue and one fussing about getting his rump in the way so I can't see the screen. :dry:

Edit: probably wrong time of day to try this. Now the cat is to the side, resting his head on my left hand, the sun through the window still prevents me from seeing. And I've tried increasing the volume and hopefully managed to turn on subtitles because I find it hard to hear all the talk... 

01 Oct 2022 09:05 - 01 Oct 2022 09:06 #42223 by Charlotte
Oh dear.
So, I managed to escape Helgen in one piece... Though it was a close call when we had to cross a cave with a bear. My guide told me to be quiet, but I was getting over encumbered (of course) so I needed to get rid of some loot. Which I did rather noisily I'm afraid. Not that the bear seemed to notice... :dry:

Then my guide told me we should part ways, yet still kept waiting for me... until there was a fork in the road, at which point he disappeared and I promptly got lost. I found a mine and the guy outside looked friendly enough so I approached him, but he attacked! :ohmy: Just like that. Shameless. Well, I killed him off, but I couldn't really loot the corpse because.... well, Val knows.

I walked another route and found some magic stones and picked some flowers. Flowers can't weigh much, right? Oops. Then I came across some random bard or something, kept going but felt I was decidedly on the wrong path, tried to cut cross country and encountered a pack of wolves. Backtracked... another wolf, I think. Or possibly other predator. Went back past that bard guy and... hmm... there's a camp over there. I didn't see that before... I wonder if they're friendly? :paranoid:

01 Oct 2022 10:51 - 01 Oct 2022 10:52 #42224 by Valence
Hey, you, you're finally awake. :)

Did you see the guy who was gagged in the cart with you?
That was Ulfric!
You'll hear a lot about him. :aha:

Your guide was trying to take you to Riverwood so you should go there if you lost him. Stick to the roads and check the signs. There is a bard there so I think you're in the right area. And when you're there talk to everyone.

01 Oct 2022 11:01 #42225 by Charlotte
Talk to people?! :eek:

Yeah, I found Riverwood and went on to Whiterun. Not exactly on purpose though, I meant to go after a stolen item and er... got lost. Again. I'm also over encumbered again so I can't leave Whiterun until I've found a trader or two. But just now I am taking a break to complete the quest of buying food at the grocery store...

Warning: Spoiler!

01 Oct 2022 11:27 #42227 by Valence

Did you talk with the Bard in Riverwood? There's a little quest there that ends up with the option of having a follower. They're not good followers though but if you want someone to get in the way then the option is there. :lol:

01 Oct 2022 11:50 #42228 by Charlotte

and no, I haven't spoken to that bard yet :)

01 Oct 2022 11:59 #42229 by Charlotte
I have now spoken to a bard who sang Ragnar the Red for me... :dry: