April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

15 Jan 2019 17:32 #23443 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
:lol:
At least he didn't look like Max in the second game. Apart from the gloriously rigid coat, the thing that stuck in my mind from that was the bizarre way that they didn't bother rigging and animating the hands, so every model was locked to the most used gesture, which of course was the gun-holding, extended trigger-finger style.
It looked fine during gameplay when you were blasting everyone away but when it switched to a cut-scene with the same models it looked like everyone had arthritis! If that wasn't bad enough there was also a sex scene where low-poly Max and Mona groped away at each other with their weird, claw-like, trigger-finger hands. It was absolutely hilarious! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2019 18:37 #23444 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:blink:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

15 Jan 2019 22:38 #23446 by Charlotte
OK... I keep setting out to find copper and not play all night, and then I get sidetracked exploring other stuff and returning to base with no (well, ONE, today) copper and the clock being past bedtime. I'm building biomes like crazy so I need more titanium too, but... COPPER. I want to drill the big deposits but can't recall where the heck I've seen them!

I used far too much copper (wire) to make that "map" that I later had to deconstruct again as I removed that whole section of my base. Too bad the fabricators can't defabricate stuff. I mean, it has to be defabricating stuff to fabricate other stuff, but... :dry:

Also, almost all my fish in my jellyray biome got the green measles. :cry: I just hope the jellyrays didn't catch it (small sick fish has been removed and put in the biowaste locker until the bioreactor needs refilling)

I have like a million lockers. :dry:

I'm also rambling.
G'Night.

16 Jan 2019 10:32 #23448 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I want to drill the big deposits but can't recall where the heck I've seen them!

They are under the water. Hope that helps =D

16 Jan 2019 10:34 #23449 by Charlotte
oh! thank you SO much for that helpful tip!
(Good thing there's a wiki for the game - although last night I accidentally stayed up even later browsing concept art for the sub zero game...)

16 Jan 2019 10:51 #23452 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Reading guides for a game :shakefist:

16 Jan 2019 11:51 #23453 by Charlotte
:dry: well then I go back to the game and pretend I don't know things.:P

16 Jan 2019 21:07 - 16 Jan 2019 21:11 #23455 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Sorry and all. But I have to search for them too.
Just last night I had to use google to work out where I could find Nar gro-Shagramph. (I should really have asked more questions when being given the job but I forgot and didn't want to go back. I really don't enjoy roaming around Vivec.)
Thanks to the internet I did find him eventually but couldn't convince him to hand over that ring. I tried admire, taunt, intimidate and more but he wouldn't budge, my Speechcraft is very poor indeed and I'm certainly not bribing him with my precious gold! :nope:
Anyway I actually died not long after that so I probably won't take that quest again when I reload the last savepoint.

17 Jan 2019 09:53 #23458 by Charlotte
Dying is such an inconvenience sometimes...

20 Jan 2019 18:57 #23480 by Charlotte
speaking of the above... I have now contracted the green measles myself and not only that but I died and lost Bob approximately 1 km from either of the cave entrances I know of. Ironically it's almost straight below my own base... Just a bit of rock in between.... like.... 700 meters or so...