March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

20 Jun 2022 16:54 #41132 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming

A bit like all the other things that are not supposed to fall off. :dumb:

:aha:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jun 2022 20:14 #41139 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I'm going to meet Lambert! :excited:

Apparently I had to go all the way back to Skellige to kill another guy in order to make Lambert "appear" wherever he's supposed to "appear". :eyeroll:

Unfortunately I can't go meet him just yet cos ...erm... I'm dead again.
A nasty big cyclops jumped on me and I didn't do very well in the fight because I'm having to play on keyboard again.
"Q" for the Witcher Signs? Q??? Which finger can hit that one? And what's dodge again? Is it Space? Or is it... No, don't put your sword away again. :cry:

21 Jun 2022 19:03 #41144 by Valence
Lambert has indeed returned from wherever it is NPCs disappear to when the game thinks it doesn't need them....

And he's got the cards out ready for me. :cheer:
Attachments:

23 Jun 2022 11:43 #41151 by Valence

*tries to remember my Amazon password*
*hopes that coins on old gift card from last birthday are still valid*

*gets annoyed at their inability to deliver something to the correct address*
:rage:
​​​​​​

23 Jun 2022 13:27 #41152 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

*gets annoyed at their inability to deliver something*
:rage:
​​​​

I've fixed your comment for you. 

23 Jun 2022 13:43 #41153 by Charlotte
:giggle:

23 Jun 2022 14:40 #41154 by Valence
Oh, they assure me that it has been delivered.... somewhere. :dunno:
It's like playing a frustrating treasure hunting game. On keyboard and mouse. :dry:

Returning to actual games now I played a bit of Mass Effect the other night after not touching it for ages. Partly due to that Starfield trailer inspiring me to do some space stuff and partly because I was looking through my installed games to find something that's easier on mouse and keyboard. :)
A bit of story and dialogue reminded me of what I loved about the game. And a bit of combat leading to lots of deaths reminded me why I stopped playing last time. :dead:

23 Jun 2022 14:47 #41155 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Yep, I've had plenty of experience of the "Handed to occupant" delivery from Amazon that has never been delivered to me at all. Last time was in January with Prime delivery, and it was the last time I went anywhere near them.

23 Jun 2022 14:57 #41156 by Valence
Much as I'd like to sneer at and abuse Amazon (and I do!) in my cases (plural) it's always the third party delivery company that messes it up.
The last time I ordered a controller they ignored the clearly printed address and instead tried to deliver it to the order number stamped on the bottom of the box even though no such house number existed on any street. :facepalm:

23 Jun 2022 16:07 #41160 by Charlotte
:dumb:
Postal workers have their own code, I think :dry:

I've been home from work for three days now, not feeling well... and playing No Man's Sky, because... well, apparently I hadn't played it since 2020. Haven't really started to look for a perfect planet or grind for materials, I've just checked off the side quests as they come along.... I did find this wonderful lush green planet with huge butterflies, chubby cute (also huge) beetles and flying fish of some sort. But it's not entirely perfect - it had superheated rainstorms or something like that... And the wild life was kind of noisy with all the fluttering, rustling and chittering... :dry:

According to the internet you can't build exocraft terminals on your big freighter ship, though, (I can't recall if I tried that before) and I'm getting close to when they'll want me to build one. :hmm: I guess I can have the exocraft technician watch over one of my small bases on a not-perfect planet...

The big base will be allllll mine. Whenever I decide to build it. If I can decide on a planet, a location and a building style & layout... :dry: :dumb: