March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

09 Jan 2019 15:29 #23366 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
I haven't Val but I have seen it, might look at it in the future.

Charlotte, I'm a lot braver actually fighting zombies etc in the VR than I am on a screen, strangely. I'm going to be amazing in a zombie apocalypse..........

at dying......

I would recommend it though. It came with a couple of games (wipeout) that I just can't play as it just makes me feel sick and dizzy with the motion. The other games are fine though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2019 22:30 #23381 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I aim at being great at dying in case of an apocalypse too. Won't be much left to live for, anyway :P

It was my first day back at work after the holidays today, and the first day in YEARS that I'm back to working full time. So I should have got to bed early. Instead I played subnautica... and I'm not really making all that much progress either. I keep finding caves to explore only to find they aren't really that much of caves at all... and things are making funny noises - some of them appear to be dead fish around my sub. :blink:

But there's something that sounds like metallic clanking and I'm not sure if it comes from somewhere nearby or inside the sub :P Also I found three time capsules today resulting in two knives, two of each prawn poster and three prawn grappling arms... and a new wreck, resulting in two more baseballs caps. And the non functional lab stuff. Still feel like I'm looking for an unknown needle in a haystack, though...

Plus I'm somewhat disappointed in the alien poop. It says it's good for bio-energy but it seems bulbo trees are still better... Unless I'm misunderstanding how the bio reactor works...

Anyway, better get to bed so I can get up when I should, tomorrow, so I don't end up late for work and have to stay there all evening... Night night

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Jan 2019 12:02 #23399 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
This has become a strange, strange place :blink: :lol:

11 Jan 2019 12:40 - 11 Jan 2019 12:41 #23401 by Charlotte
what, you've never seen a prawn in a baseball cap before?

I found some deeper caves yesterday but then, I keep getting lost in them. Why on earth doesn't this hi tech setting pda have a MAP???
Maybe I can use lightsticks to mark paths. I wonder if they glow indefinately... :hm:

EDIT: I also went a bit "crazy" the other day and coloured both subs and the prawnsuit bright pink. It wasn't until yesterday I realised that a pink prawn suit actually makes kind of sense...

12 Jan 2019 22:21 #23427 by Charlotte
while I'm obviously not the least bit addicted to this game, I've kind of played it all day... :dry: I have by now found one of the alien bases, though as far as I could tell it was pretty much just an underground chamber with some materials inside but nothing else of interest. At least I can find it again if I want to. And I found a giant skellington in toxic soup and a cuddlefish egg. So I've made some progress finally.

I've also started on building biomes but I keep running out of titanium and quartz/glass. Which is a bit annoying since I usually have so much of it I dunno what to do with it all.

13 Jan 2019 21:18 #23430 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
No, no, no. Not addicted at all. :nope:

I'm definitely not addicted cos I haven't played anything for ages. I seem to be binge-watching TV shows at the moment instead. But I'm sure I'll get back to Vvardenfell sometime. :)

13 Jan 2019 21:46 #23431 by Charlotte
nope definitely not addicted. But why is it suddenly so late? :dumb:

14 Jan 2019 13:20 #23433 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

This has become a strange, strange place :blink: :lol:

Yes... become... :dry:

15 Jan 2019 12:23 #23441 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
After confessing to not playing anything since before Christmas I decided to dive in again last night. I didn't really have enough time for Morrowind (you really need a couple of hours to lose before you can risk going there) so I just had a brief 45 minutes of violent mayhem in Max Payne.
Sadly there's no surreal tale to be told about that game, I just ran around and shot a load of people while wearing a badly-rigged leather jacket and a constipated grimace.
And Vinnie Gognitti got away... Again. :eyeroll:

15 Jan 2019 12:35 #23442 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I just ran around and shot a load of people while wearing a badly-rigged leather jacket and a constipated grimace.

So, just like Mark Wahlberg in the film adaptation then.