April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

29 Mar 2021 22:16 #34225 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Just played through a rather fun quest in Assassin's Creed Syndicate where I had to save foolish Nigel from the Police. Silly fool had got himself in trouble again and I had to sneak around the crime scene stealing all the evidence before the Bungling Bobbies found it. :lol:

Then I was off ghost hunting with Charles Dickens again like a Victorian Mulder and Scully. Well, we would be if he wasn't so scared of everything. He kept panicking when horses casually walked past. :dry:
Writers are never the bravest bunch. :eyeroll:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Mar 2021 23:47 - 29 Mar 2021 23:53 #34226 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Remember how I got Witcher 3 not long ago because it had never had such a big discount? Well, I haven't played it yet and I think it's an even bigger discount at GOG now (80% - what was it last time?)

EDIT: Well I checked and apparently it was 80 that time too, so... no regrets :P
Unlike with House Flipper which I first got free on mobile and then paid for some flipcoins (just needed in the mobile game) before deciding to get the PC version and getting in through GOG. THEN I learn that you can make your own furniture and stuff for the houses.... IF you have it through Steam. :dry: Well, that and assuming you understand how their workshop thing works. But the point is, since I bought it on GOG I definitely can't add mods. :pout:
(I did however add some "signs" and "posters" for my "business" in the game. So I can advertise my office. Uhm, I mean so my office can advertise my work... :S)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

30 Mar 2021 00:12 #34229 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Gaming
I actually purchased Witcher 3 myself... two Christmas's ago? Believe they had a big sale then too, and my Son had gotten me a gift card for XBox for Christmas, and I thought it would be fun to try that game. ... Unfortunately, I haven't played it as of yet. :blink: - But I have it when I do get around to it. :) I was actually playing the latest AC at the time, and have never liked playing multiple games at once.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

30 Mar 2021 02:12 - 30 Mar 2021 02:14 #34232 by Valence

... and have never liked playing multiple games at once.

I'm the complete opposite. I love playing as many as possible. It keeps the experience varied and interesting and more importantly it makes the games last a little longer both while playing and in your memory. One of the annoying things about modern games is the need to install and the limited space that forces you to pick and choose from your library. I still yearn for those days of my old XBox where on any given day I could just stick in the disc and instantly play anything in my collection. That's one of the other good things about cloud gaming/streaming.
At the moment, after just finishing Arkham Asylum and Life Is Strange (still haven't recovered from that :cry:) I'm still juggling between my installed games of Trials Rising, Skyrim, Witcher 3 (and occasionally Witcher 1) Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Hellblade, GTA V, Ori and the Blind Forest, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Grid 2, Oblivion plus I also want to get back to LA Noire and Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments. And when I'm not too tired for late night streaming I'm working through A Plague Tale and a bit of ARK. I'd like to get a bit further in Lords Of the Fallen too but the bosses are hard and I'm stuck at The Commander with his big shield. :P
And if that wasn't enough just today I was thinking about installing Mad Max as well. :lol:

But I can't believe you lot still haven't got around to Witcher 3. :blink:
Go get playing so that you can lose at Gwent! :pirate:

30 Mar 2021 09:13 - 30 Mar 2021 09:13 #34233 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Gaming
My Son speaks about the older ways of Xbox with stored games as well, and with the size of today's games, not having enough room, etc. But he does have quite a few himself, if not most of the popular games. ... I myself don't actually fool with too many games in general, though I do have the larger storage Xbox, plus have a 2 TB external drive connected for additional storage, but I don't think I have but maybe 1/4 of it used. ... There's a few series that I've always enjoyed playing, such as Assassin's Creed, to which I have all of them if I'm not mistaken. And all the Fable games too. (Some both on disc and digitally downloaded.) Along with some other random games picked up here and there over the years. But I used to enjoy playing the Splinter Cell games too, but don't think I've played any of those for 4 or 5 years now and probably have maybe 4 or so of those. ... I could list all of what I have/own, and it wouldn't be an impressive list. :)

Though I do have quite a few of the older ones on Disc, as well as some digitally now too, I do prefer to have them digitally downloaded myself. And I don't think outside of the few series mentioned, I do prefer open world, single players I can loose myself in, such as Witcher 3. But I haven't found too many that are in that sort of environment that I enjoy getting into from time to time.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

30 Mar 2021 10:33 #34235 by Charlotte
If I play two or more games at the same time I get them mixed up.... :dumb:

30 Mar 2021 14:46 #34242 by Valence
I only get confused when the controls are different or unique.I initially struggled with that final boss battle of Arkham Aslylum until I checked online and was reminded of the Cape Stun move when you click the mouse wheel. Quite a lot of that game would have been much easier if I'd remembered it earlier. :dry:
Also Hellblade's CTRL to block is really hard to get used to. Most swordy games have right mouse button to block but this game has that for Strong Attack and CTRL is not my favourite key to hit anyway. My poor little finger complains every time. :(

30 Mar 2021 18:13 #34244 by Charlotte
WEll there's the controls.... And then there are the characters and story arcs and places and quests.... :S

30 Mar 2021 20:12 #34245 by Valence
You shouldn't have a problem with Witcher 3 then because an old-sounding Dandelion gives you a quick voiceover recap every time you play. :)

30 Mar 2021 21:29 #34246 by Valence
...and GOG have just sent me an email saying that they're giving away that comic-book-style spy thing XIII for the last days of this month. :stare:

Used to have that on my XBox and never finished it.