April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

16 Mar 2021 21:41 #34056 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I think Triss must be getting fed up of me missing that midnight meeting. :dry:
Yep, another day passed in Witcher 3 where I was distracted by another quest and didn't get back in time. I think I'm supposed to do this one first anyway so she can keep waiting as I slaughter Whoreson's thugs. I killed one guy so well that his corpse wanted to read about it in a book... :lol:

I'm also suffering from considerable over-encumberance. I used to be selective with my looting in this game by only picking up better weapons and food but I now need to fund my Gwent losses so I'm picking up everything in order to sell it to... anybody. So until I get to a merchant I don't seem to be running anywhere. Perhaps that's why I'm constantly late for Triss. :hmm:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Mar 2021 22:10 #34057 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Aw that poor man didn't get to finish reading his book. You're such a brute! Laughing at their demise. I'm getting worried about you :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

17 Mar 2021 01:33 #34059 by Valence
No need to worry about me. Anyway I was much more excited about how I killed the guy upstairs just after this. Cut him in half! :evil:
His body was over here AND over there. :lol:
Nothing to worry about at all. :whistle:

17 Mar 2021 11:43 #34061 by Charlotte
:dry:

17 Mar 2021 21:09 #34064 by Valence
Assassin's Creed 2 is a great game but...
Those (thankfully brief) moments when it forces you to use a stupidly placed static camera are infuriating.

I've just spent the last 45 minutes repeatedly shouting, "Don't jump back at me flapping your arms! Jump to the right where the platform is!!!"
:facepalm:
Attachments:

18 Mar 2021 19:14 - 18 Mar 2021 19:17 #34069 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Gaming
Ha ha! Not as annoying as some games where if you get too close to an object you get that weird half inside your own head half inside a tree shots. I. Hate. That. Stuff!
Played a little co op Valheim yesterday.
There was still a lot of running my naked ass back and forth from my spawn point with the added joy of someone laughing at me this time.
I wonder if I should give up on games when a friend who had spent literally 30 mins playing with little to no gear is more successful than my 20 hour plus toon with second tier weapons and armour.
Still, once we got into the swing of some basic tactics ( me standing in front of mobs with my shield up while he pew pewed them from behind) we were actually quite successful.
His idea of dropping a load of camp fires at the feet of one particularly tough skeleton then closing the crypt door and waiting for his health to slowly tick away was also quite inspired in my eyes.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

19 Mar 2021 15:01 #34080 by Valence
I went for a casual walk down to the Red Obelisk last night. Given that I'm not carrying/wearing anything valuable at the moment I wasn't too fussed about potential death and resulting nakedness but I didn't stumble across any predators anyway. I did find some living dinos this time so I hunted them down and then chopped some wood for a small build. Just a little hut, storage box and a bed close to the transmitter. Now I can fast travel there immediately if I do choose to upload my character to the next map.
I'm still unsure about whether to re-use my 60+ level character or start a new one on Valguero. I don't really want to lose either that character or the work I've done on The Island and it continues to worry me how the mechanics of transferring vary whether you're on multiplayer, a dedicated server or offline single player. It's still the one thing that bugs me about ARK. :eyeroll:
But no transferring just yet. Think I may just explore inland a bit more in my current death-defying fearless state. :)

19 Mar 2021 15:18 #34082 by Charlotte
I can't recall. Was that character-transferring/uploading the only use of those obelisk thingies? They look so significant when you see them from a distance, I should think they have something to do with the actual game you're playing and not just other games you might eventually play?

19 Mar 2021 15:58 #34088 by Valence
They're used for uploading not only characters but tamed creatures and equipment too (on the multiplayer you can also transport things across the map via supply drops as well.) I think the obelisks also play some sort of role with the Tributes you collect to summon the big bosses but I've never got that far and probably never will. The big battles never interested me that much and they're probably even tougher on single player. :dry:

19 Mar 2021 21:00 #34092 by Valence
Played my spy cards early, sacrificed the first round and got my opponent to play all his multiple stacking monsters, got the second round almost by default. It's all going to plan. :excited:

Just about to lay down all my high scoring siege cards in the last round and... my opponent drops the Torrential Rain. :(

And I swapped out the Clear Skies for the useless Decoy at the start. :rage:

Just Gwent things. :shrug: