12 Mar 2021 22:39 #34001 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

...two grey dwarves...
...a grey dwarf brute...
...grey dwarf shaman...
...a greyling...

Are all the baddies grey in that game?
Just give them a hair dye. :lol:

Still haven't got a Diamond Medal in Trials despite working hard on my three best tracks where I was about 3 seconds out. After much repetition I did get one fast run without crashing and.... was still off by 0.8 seconds. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Mar 2021 02:26 #34006 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Gaming
"Are all the baddies grey in that game?
Just give them a hair dye"

Nope just the early ones ,
Trolls are blue, green or red and I saw a Lox the other day but I'm nowhere near powerful enough (or competent enough) to take one on right now. And they're brown.

Still I'm loving the building aspect of it, this is where I'm at just now.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

13 Mar 2021 18:18 #34013 by Valence
With all this talk of running around naked after numerous deaths I'm now even more determined to get back to ARK sometime this week.
So much that I've started researching things again. :)
And almost every search eventually ends up showing me this clip about an upcoming animated series. :dunno:

Apparently it was announced about the same time as that Vin Diesel sequel trailer but I obviously didn't notice... or forgot about it. :dumb:
Not a great fan of that style of animation anyway and I don't know how she manages to kill a Raptor with one arrow. :dry:

13 Mar 2021 19:11 #34018 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
What is it with gaming companies always making ads and trailers that don't look like or reflect the content of the game? I can kind of understand when crap games pretend to be something else, but ARK should be able to make a trailer that looks like the in game environment and not lose out because of it.

Also I don't understand the choice of using two completely different graphic styles in one trailer video... :dry:

As for ARK itself... I'm thinking I might uninstall it. I dont feel like I'll get back into it.
And you have until midnight tomorrow Val! (If you're to get back into it "this week")

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

13 Mar 2021 21:12 - 13 Mar 2021 21:13 #34021 by Valence
Anything within seven days of today is "this week". :P

And think of all that lovely space you'll have when you uninstall it. :woohoo:

I now have an uninstalling dilemma too. Just finished Arkham Asylum with that rather bland final boss battle. Of course it's not 100% finished so... do I get rid of it now or keep it around to collect/solve all the Riddler trophies/puzzles? :hmm:

I didn't think about it long though, instead I just went straight into Skyrim. :)
And I'm off back home towards Whiterun...

During my last play I realised I still had a delivery quest from ages ago that I hadn't completed. I was on my way to do it when that big story quest kicked in and I was being bossed around by a certain character. Bumped into them again actually and they whispered urgently "We're not supposed to meet here. I told you to meet in-"
I'm not here for you! I'm trying to make a delivery! :shakefist:
Anyway I made the delivery and ignored that meeting to go and make a start on building my own house...

Aww, even the stag likes it. :)
Despite the lack of a roof. :dry:

Didn't have enough nails to build anymore so I'm gonna have to make another quick trip to the nearest forge with my iron. :stare:
Attachments:

13 Mar 2021 23:59 #34024 by Valence
I know I've told this kind of story before but...
After making that last post I had a few spare minutes left on my PC so I thought that dreaded thought., "I'll just have a couple of runs on Trials." :dry:

And TWO HOURS LATER!!!!! :eyeroll:

On the plus side , I do now have one Diamond Medal after completing Power Bike, which is well known as being the easiest level to get the Diamond. (You only have a limited amount of fuel and have to be gentle with the throttle and do a lot of coasting.) Because it's a Skill game rather than a race it doesn't feel like a "proper" Diamond but I'll take it anyway.

But that WAS frustrating. [SWEAR-WORD] frustrating. I think my neighbours may have heard me violently shouting at myself. :lol:

15 Mar 2021 12:31 #34027 by Valence
The woman at the Nowhere Inn is terrible at Gwent and (just like me) doesn't seem to have a card higher than 6. :woohoo:
In fact she was so bad that I got a bit too excited, accidentally pressed the wrong key and lost to her. :facepalm:
But I won my money back in subsequent games.

I also managed to beat a merchant who was a lot more skillful. Yes, I did lose several times first, but then I set a clever first round trap with a couple of spy cards and he fell for it giving me a satisfying victory.

Gwent progress is slowly happening. :stare:

16 Mar 2021 01:37 #34051 by Valence
Told you I'd get back to ARK. :stare:

I'd forgotten how many Dodos I'd been breeding. There were two more waiting for me in the indoor hatchy place. Think that makes nine now. :dry:

But I left that behind and decided to travel via bed to my old Sandy Shack to see if the Parasaurs were still alive...

They still haven't moved though. :lol:
I thought it'd be good to try and go back to the basics in this way before risking a completely new start on the Valguero map. Of course with the fast travel I lost my nice outfits and I'd forgotten how cold you get in the basic clothes. Had to keep going to stand by the torch. :eyeroll:

It was also a bit of a shock to go back to not having access to the raft or any flying things so I decided it might be good to build another raft here so I went off a-wood-chopping to gather the necessary resources and then remembered you also need quite a bit of hide for that so some hunting would be required. I made a few Bolas and went searching for a couple of medium sized things to hack to death and... I couldn't find ANY living thing nearby. Have they all gone extinct while I was away? :)
Oh, there was one of those Freddy Kruger feathered things across the water...

...but I remember looking through my scope and watching one of those take down a Spino back in the day so I'm not going near that without any guns. :dry:
Attachments:

16 Mar 2021 08:25 #34052 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
When I saw the dodos I almost got ARK sick. But then you reminded me of the clothing issue and the dangerous wild life and now I'm good again.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

16 Mar 2021 13:12 #34053 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

When I saw the dodos I almost got ARK sick.

Thinking about playing that game makes me feel sick too :dry: