April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

08 Mar 2021 12:15 #33944 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

...had to run my naked ass all the way back to him with nothing more than a basic club, grab all my gear...

*suddenly has some scary flashbacks to the Alpha Raptor in Ark* :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Mar 2021 12:54 #33947 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Mar 2021 14:59 #33953 by Valence
I really would like to get back into Ark but all these survival games are such a commitment with their resource gathering etc. and cos it's too big to install it'd still be GFN late-night commitment and these days I'm usually just sleeping at that time. :P
At least Valheim is only 1GB. :)

08 Mar 2021 15:09 #33954 by Charlotte
I like the resource gathering in Subnautica, except I never seem to have enough storage.

In Fer.al I've come to realise the same resources always spawns in the exact same spots which makes it all fairly boring (though convenient, I guess, if you need something in particular). Then again Fer.al doesn't qualify as a survival game as you don't have health or hitpoints and never die.

08 Mar 2021 15:51 #33955 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I'd be interested in trying out Valheim, but I don't have/want Steam... so...

You shouldn't actually need the steam client/launcher installed, you just need an account and you could link it to your GOG launcher and run the game from there.

08 Mar 2021 16:04 #33956 by Valence
Also the Steam launcher is one of the better ones and is nowhere near as intrusive as some of the others that I have to use (Rockstar's constant Captchas are a pain) and it loads much quicker than the Epic launcher. :dry:

08 Mar 2021 16:09 #33957 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
It's a bazillion times better than the Bethesda launcher. Then again, being repeatedly punched in the face is more enjoyable than the Bethesda launcher :dry:

08 Mar 2021 16:13 #33958 by Charlotte
Good thing I don't have the Bethesda launcher either, then. But anyways having a Steam account qualifies as what I don't want. I'm tired of needing accounts left and right and trying to come up with secure passwords that I can remember... :dry:

08 Mar 2021 16:49 #33959 by Valence

Bethesda launcher.

:argh:
Thankfully I only ever needed it to claim that free Morrowind, you could run the game fine without it. But even that one occasion was too much.

08 Mar 2021 21:53 #33968 by Valence
Gwent Update.....

Number of games won...... Still zero. :(

The woman at the Seven Cats Inn kept thrashing me by repeatedly drawing numerous 10 point cards that weren't affected by my rubbish weather cards.
So I stormed out of the tavern and sulked my way down the road. I was so disappointed that I didn't watch where I was going and I fell in a ditch of some kind.
Can I get Geralt to climb out?

Apparently "You cannot do that now." :facepalm:

On the plus side that forced me to reload so I can pretend that Gwent thrashing didn't happen. :)
Attachments: