April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

06 Mar 2021 02:30 #33925 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Just noticed that Black Desert Online is currently free again for a few more days. I know I haven't played it for a while after tiring of that style of storytelling but if anyone likes that kind of MMO thing then it's still worth claiming. I recall having fun with the Character Creation tools. :)

And I haven't grabbed this week's Epic Freebie yet. Think it was a strategy/war thingie, if I remember correctly. :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Mar 2021 23:34 - 06 Mar 2021 23:35 #33929 by Valence
Got my first spooky glimpse of Valravn today in Hellblade. :eek:

Thankfully he keeps disappearing so I don't have to struggle with a difficult boss battle yet. :P
I also got 10 acorns in Trials after completing a few contracts with another new bike, the hideous Donkey. I'll be glad when I don't have to ride that anymore. :dry:

But the majority of my evening was spent stealing stuff in Skyrim. I was tasked with "acquiring" a certain amount of goods along with the condition that I was not to be seen while doing it.
I managed to pick a few master locks to get myself some VERY expensive loot and excitedly took it back to the guy to complete the quest but he wouldn't accept it.
Apparently "not being seen" also included my companion friend. :eyeroll:
I don't see why. I mean, Arissa is a thief as well and knows all my secrets anyway. :shrug:

So I then had to ask her to stay behind as I went to steal even more stuff. :)
Attachments:

07 Mar 2021 07:23 #33931 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

07 Mar 2021 12:14 #33933 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Valravn :ohmy:

07 Mar 2021 19:31 #33936 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Gaming
I downloaded Valheim today from Steam and have spent the last 4 hours or so frantically gathering enough resources to take on the first ‘boss’.
I’m enjoying it so far but I hear it gets a little grindy after the first 10 hours or so.
Anyone else played it?

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

07 Mar 2021 19:44 #33937 by Charlotte
I haven't.
I revisited Entropia today. But after reading up on how to make money and looking at the auctions (which the guide advised against so maybe that's why it was mostly empty?) I just don't think it's a game for me. I'm still a noob, and I have a quest to kill a dino-raptor thingy and just getting together enough resources to buy ONE piece of armour would take forever. Actually I have ONE piece of armour, but I don't like the idea of fighting in a chest plate and panties. :dry:
So... I guess that's one game I can now uninstall.

08 Mar 2021 00:31 - 08 Mar 2021 01:30 #33939 by Valence
I did take a look at Valheim but 15 quid is a little on the rich side for me and despite its pixelly appearance it's pretty demanding on older machines. Even my newly installed graphics card wouldn't be able to get above 20fps. Perhaps it'll become more optimized when it comes out of Early Access and gets an official release so I may have another look then. :)

I have been playing Trials though. :blush:
Had a little play for 20 minutes this evening and somehow three hours passed as I desperately tried to get one more platinum medal.
I knew I was quick enough. I was repeatedly over two seconds up throughout numerous runs but kept crashing out at various challenging points. After much effort I finally managed to stay upright until the finishing line and I wouldn't be surprised if the whole world heard me screaming, "Yes! Yes! THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!!" :pirate:

I really should calm down and play something else for a change. :lol:

08 Mar 2021 08:51 #33940 by Charlotte
I'd be interested in trying out Valheim, but I don't have/want Steam... so...

Congrats Val - especially on fitting 3 hours in 20 minutes. Sounds like a very useful skill. :dumb:

08 Mar 2021 10:40 #33942 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I'm keeping an eye on Valheim, I might be more tempted if it was actually fully finished and released.

08 Mar 2021 11:59 #33943 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Gaming
Yeah, it’s still in beta but it’s actually one of the best betas I’ve played.
There’s some lovely little touches in the gameplay though.
I took out the first boss yesterday who is a huge stag that shoots lightning in a really powerful AOE. It didn’t go well.
I failed to increase by bow skill sufficiently and spent the best part of a whole (in game) day chipping away at his health bar.
I died once, had to run my naked ass all the way back to him with nothing more than a basic club, grab all my gear from my tombstone, trying to re-equip everything while dodging his attacks and finally dropped him with a knife attack from behind with about 5% of my health left.
That’s the kind of stuff I love in these games.
I’ve just restarted in a new and much more open world and this time I’m going to build a little shooting platform and palisade at his spawn point before I summon him.
Wish me luck.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.