April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

24 Feb 2021 22:30 #33824 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Strangers? :eek:
Why have they removed things from the game?
Is it to get you to pay for them?

Anyway, back on the bike. And mind your head!

But I made sure not to play it for aaaages this time. Just got one Platinum, then got a little better on the more difficult tracks before doing a switcheroo to play some Oblivion.
Haven't played that one for a bit so it was good to go through the fiery gate once more to bash some nasty Scamps. I've got a companion helping me out but he keeps dying and I don't want to carry on by myself because then I'll die too.
I'd like to try and heal him but I only have the spell to heal myself. :hmm:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Feb 2021 23:37 #33826 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I'm not sure why the items are removed. The wiki just says you used to be able to craft them... :dry: (and no, paying won't help)
The game is early access so there's bound to be changes, but it bugs me that they still ask you to do things that they have made so you cannot do... (And speaking of changes, some of the trees changed colours today!)

But the trading system really bugs me. There's no nice anonymous trading post, instead you have to look at random players' trade lists to see if maybe they might be interested in trading at all and then you have to ASK them and then agree on what items to trade and then thank them and everything. :dry: Way too much socialization, if you ask me!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

26 Feb 2021 21:19 - 26 Feb 2021 21:20 #33852 by Valence
Roaming the Planes of Oblivion once more with my companion. :pirate:

And now entering the ominous-looking tower with my-
Oh, wait. Where's he gone?
He's dead again, isn't he? :eyeroll:

I just can't keep him alive so let's go on anyway. :shrug:
Attachments:

27 Feb 2021 21:51 #33856 by Valence
Without the companion to offer some distraction and do all the dying on my behalf I'm now struggling to stay alive in this particular Oblivion quest. I did manage to take out some Scamps from a safe distance with a bit of archery but now there are some better baddies slaughtering me. I may end up trying to do a panicky "just run past everyone" tactic. :lol:

But I'd had enough of all that dying for the moment so I waved my sword around in Hellblade to take on a lower level baddie...

...or two. :dry:
Three?
Four???

Yes, due to some ineffectual use of my focus power this ended up as a four-on-one fight that lasted much longer than necessary. But amidst more dying I did learn how to save yourself from the final deathly blow with a well-timed dodge. :)
Attachments:

01 Mar 2021 23:49 #33872 by Valence
I am now pedalling. :dry:

I read online that some of the challenges for this particular bike offer acorns as rewards. And I'm always in need of acorns. :stare:
So I purchased the bike, with gold coins rather than precious acorns (the double in-game currency is easily the most annoying thing about this game) and I am now pumping those legs.

Bizarrely, on this track I did a much better time by pedalling. The motorbikes continue to fail me on those steep climbs that have a pesky jump in the middle.
Attachments:

02 Mar 2021 14:19 #33876 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Attachments:

02 Mar 2021 16:19 #33878 by Valence
:lol:
I don't think he'd survive long in that basket if I was riding.

E.T. phone home ambulance. :dry:

02 Mar 2021 20:35 - 02 Mar 2021 20:37 #33883 by Valence
Back To Skyrim! :pirate:

Now that I have the full, three-word "Fus Ro DAAAH!" shout I've been successfully screaming it at any baddie that comes my way. Knocked over a big bear and managed to scatter three naughty cultists like it was a game of ten-pin bowling. :)
So.... I wonder if it might help with that dragon that I had trouble with back in the day.

Yeah, that's the one in the distance. It's still there. Come on. Let's go and shout at it and- I'm dead again. :dead:
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time. :shrug:
But now that I've reloaded, if you look just over there, there seems to be some Mammoths and a Giant...

I wonder... :hmm:
Wouldn't it be good if I could go over yonder to annoy the dragon and then run back over here so that all these Mammoths and Giants get involved in the fight. That would be just splendid.
Would that work? Would it???

YEAH! Damn right it would work! :pirate:
You bash him with that big club, Mr Giant. Do it! DO IT!!!!
And I'll just hide behind you. :giggle:

But then the dragon took off, flapped about a bit and landed a bit too close to me again...

Come on, Mammoth. Help out a cowardly adventurer?

And it does!! :woohoo:

We did it! Thanks, lads. :thumbup:

Well, I say "we" but it was mostly that mammoth. But I did get in some deadly blows and a big shout. :oops:

Sometimes Skyrim is just too much fun. :)
Attachments:

02 Mar 2021 20:52 #33884 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry:
Whenever I try something similar they just ALL target me. :pout:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Mar 2021 21:30 #33885 by Valence
As long as you don't accidently attack the wrong one during the fight then you're mostly OK. Mostly. :S
So far I've only ever encountered one giant that went out of its way to attack me.
But even so I was still getting ready for a quick escape if they all turned on me at the end. :)